Offering Offering channel/video analysis reviews \o/

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Offering channel/video analysis reviews \o/

I'm looking to help out freedom members that want an in-depth review of a few aspects for their channel. I won't go overkill on talking over everything going on, but just a couple of key points! If you want additional help when I've written my review, be sure to let me know, because taking it step-by-step will help you ease into everything ^^

If you're interested below, let me know, and I'll check out your latest video, and a few other parts of your channel. We'll figure out together if any changes are necessary ^^

-Reviews done-
- BestMistakez - MemoGaming - Hazelton316 - KIMO DIMO - Smax - TwilightPrinze -

6/6 Reviews done*

Looking for more people to help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Koala_Steamed

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
me, thanks
Okay, I'll look over your channel and check out all that I can ^^

Review Username: BestMistakez

1. Introduction Video?: Your introduction video is creative, people love spawn camping. Having a voice/commentary over the video would have a lot more engagement.

2. Video Thumbnails: Some of your videos are missing custom thumbnails, investing in some art will entice people more to click your videos.

3. Channel Banner: Your banner could use some customizing, at the moment it’s just a grey spaced picture.

4. Specific Question to you: What is your overall goal with your channel? Gameplay moments are interesting, but how do you stand apart from other people?

Last edited:

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Would love some feedback!
I'm already aware of the audio issues in my gaming videos btw, I cant do much about it because my mic is currently broken and I'm looking to get a new one.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Would love some feedback!
I'm already aware of the audio issues in my gaming videos btw, I cant do much about it because my mic is currently broken and I'm looking to get a new one.
Thanks again for showing interest in my post, here's your update ^^

Review Username: MemoGaming

1. Introduction Video?: The video tells me that you feature gadgets mainly, but I was confused with the minecraft art for your channel. Your banner/profile picture look great, but what direction are you taking your channel in?

2. Spacing between videos: Video uploads are spaced out rather far with your recent videos. Have you considered recording in bulk to make uploading easier? People tend to lose a lot of time with real life, recording in bulk gives you a safety net.

3. Video Tags: Search engine optimization is crucial for people to come across your videos. Try looking for related videos to yours, and figure out what tags work best. You have a 500 character limit to experiment with, utilizing them to the fullest is important!

4. Specific Question to you: What content are you looking to upload, and what do you see yourself having the most fun recording/editing?

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Thanks again for showing interest in my post, here's your update ^^

Review Username: MemoGaming

1. Introduction Video?: The video tells me that you feature gadgets mainly, but I was confused with the minecraft art for your channel. Your banner/profile picture look great, but what direction are you taking your channel in?

2. Spacing between videos: Video uploads are spaced out rather far with your recent videos. Have you considered recording in bulk to make uploading easier? People tend to lose a lot of time with real life, recording in bulk gives you a safety net.

3. Video Tags: Search engine optimization is crucial for people to come across your videos. Try looking for related videos to yours, and figure out what tags work best. You have a 500 character limit to experiment with, utilizing them to the fullest is important!

4. Specific Question to you: What content are you looking to upload, and what do you see yourself having the most fun recording/editing?
In my "A message to myself" video I kinda touched on my channel and where its going, but I assume you didn't watch it as It was mainly for my subscribers, so fair enough c:
Basically I'm not enjoying minecraft or gaming lets plays. I would make the occasional video here and there but it just doesn't flow well at all and I constantly feel like I'm being someone else just to squeeze out some jokes every now and then, so I'm currently switching to tech, vlogging and game related stuff- trying to move away from the generic lets plays. As for the banner, I'm currently in the process of making a new one, I have a few artists working on some characters and things to put in it, but as always people are slow :p

(also I used to be very "in" the minecraft community with owning a build team and repping a server ect. but I'm taking a long break while my GCSE exams are not far away)

Bulk recording is kinda hard for tech related videos as b-roll and talking parts get very mixed up the more you record, as well as the fact that they take SO long to edit. Bulk uploading is very easy for lets play related things, but for vlogging and camera related videos, its quite a bit harder.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll make sure to take action!

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
In my "A message to myself" video I kinda touched on my channel and where its going, but I assume you didn't watch it as It was mainly for my subscribers, so fair enough c:
Basically I'm not enjoying minecraft or gaming lets plays. I would make the occasional video here and there but it just doesn't flow well at all and I constantly feel like I'm being someone else just to squeeze out some jokes every now and then, so I'm currently switching to tech, vlogging and game related stuff- trying to move away from the generic lets plays. As for the banner, I'm currently in the process of making a new one, I have a few artists working on some characters and things to put in it, but as always people are slow :p

(also I used to be very "in" the minecraft community with owning a build team and repping a server ect. but I'm taking a long break while my GCSE exams are not far away)

Bulk recording is kinda hard for tech related videos as b-roll and talking parts get very mixed up the more you record, as well as the fact that they take SO long to edit. Bulk uploading is very easy for lets play related things, but for vlogging and camera related videos, its quite a bit harder.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll make sure to take action!
Okay, I understand more. This is more of a first impressions, like when a person first comes across your channel. It's a bummer when an audience can't readily tell what's going on everywhere. We always have so much to offer people, heh.

And that's understandable for not wanting to make certain content anymore. That's great that you'll be transitioning everything to your new channel design ^^

Which is why being relevant will be hard depending on every video. If you can make only a few videos a month, they need to stand out every possible way. I hope the best for you though Memo, I'm not experienced in vlogging or camera related videos, but good luck!

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
Okay, I understand more. This is more of a first impressions, like when a person first comes across your channel. It's a bummer when an audience can't readily tell what's going on everywhere. We always have so much to offer people, heh.

And that's understandable for not wanting to make certain content anymore. That's great that you'll be transitioning everything to your new channel design ^^

Which is why being relevant will be hard depending on every video. If you can make only a few videos a month, they need to stand out every possible way. I hope the best for you though Memo, I'm not experienced in vlogging or camera related videos, but good luck!
Thanks c:
Good luck with your channel too. You have a really nice accent to listen to btw xD

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Oh take your time! I'm grateful that someone would even look.
I make sure not to ignore any requests, because that'd be insulting and rude :p I appreciate you taking the time to make a post ^^

Review Username: Hazelton316

Introduction Video?: You’re missing a channel trailer that highlights you as a person. Using a compilation of your best moments, lets people learn about your personality easier. The average video should be about two minutes, 30 seconds, or any length that you think is appropriate!

Channel Banner: Your banner shows a pokemon on it, or some kind of creature. Your latest videos tell me that you’re interested in making fighting content.

Spacing between videos: I noticed that your videos are spaced off differently. You uploaded a few videos on the same day, instead of spreading them out. Keeping content coming throughout the week would spread your views over everything more.

Specific Question to you: What are you trying to show off for your channel? Is is based on the fighting games now, to show off the games, or sell with your personality?

Last edited:

Hazelton316

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2015
Pennsylvania
YouTube
I make sure not to ignore any requests, because that'd be insulting and rude :p I appreciate you taking the time to make a post ^^

Review Username: Hazelton316

Introduction Video?: You’re missing a channel trailer that highlights you as a person. Using a compilation of your best moments, lets people learn about your personality easier. The average video should be about two minutes, 30 seconds, or any length that you think is appropriate!

Channel Banner: Your banner shows a pokemon on it, or some kind of creature. Your latest videos tell me that you’re interested in making fighting content.

Spacing between videos: I noticed that your videos are spaced off differently. You uploaded a few videos on the same day, instead of spreading them out. Keeping content coming throughout the week would spread your views over everything more.

Specific Question to you: What are you trying to show off for your channel? Is is based on the fighting games now, to show off the games, or sell with your personality?

Hey sorry i didnt answer right away, i left my computer for a bit. But thank you so much!

Morwors

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
SmakitiSmax
Offering channel/video analysis reviews \o/

I'm looking to help out freedom members that want an in-depth review of a few aspects for their channel. I won't go overkill on talking over everything going on, but just a couple of key points! If you want additional help when I've written my review, be sure to let me know, because taking it step-by-step will help you ease into everything ^^

If you're interested below, let me know, and I'll check out your latest video, and a few other parts of your channel. We'll figure out together if any changes are necessary ^^

-Reviews done-
- BestMistakez - MemoGaming - Hazelton316 -
me, thanks :D

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
hi , do you mind checking out the sausage :)
by the way your channel art is cool , how did you manage to get it on there !? i thought youtube wouldnt allow that type of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOM3JSD1xH0cxPLW4Zuo13g

I'll make sure to check you out later in the afternoon Sausage ^^ I responded to your comment on my video earlier, so there you go :p
me, thanks :D
I'll double check with your channel in the afternoon as well ^^ Thanks for showing support guys!

Morwors

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 25, 2016
YouTube
SmakitiSmax
I'll make sure to check you out later in the afternoon Sausage ^^ I responded to your comment on my video earlier, so there you go :p

I'll double check with your channel in the afternoon as well ^^ Thanks for showing support guys!
Thanks and sry for anoying you i just need all out channel review thanks again :D

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thanks and sry for anoying you i just need all out channel review thanks again :D
You're not annoying me Smax :p I'm just doing my rounds on freedom, and working on some basic work for my future videos. Rest assured, I'll add in a few more points for you to focus on!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOM3JSD1xH0cxPLW4Zuo13g

Review Username: KIMO DIMO

Channel Banner: People can tell that you play shooters based on your thumbnails, same with your banner. But your banner is just a picture from the game. You should consider commissioning someone to make art that is related to your profile picture. Your branding is based off of your little red buddy, try to get it personalized! A few dollars today will pay off immensely for the future.

Introduction Video?: At the moment, your channel trailer doesn’t show off a designated introduction. Compiling your best moments is what most people do. Otherwise, you can prerecord something else, that will entice people to look at your content. The introduction video is the tipping point some some viewers to subscribe, I would work on making a video for it.

Microphone Quality: I feel like you’re using a voice program. Which is understandable, but I hear the chipmunk/highness of the voice more than anything. If you’re doing this for the character voice, consider tweaking the settings slightly. Imagine if you can pull off a voice like that without using a program, you’d be set!

Specific Question to you: Are you going to embrace the character you set up? Once you start with your voice, branding your hotdog can make people remember you for years to come.

Review Username: Smax

Theme of channel?: When I first came onto your channel, I couldn’t figure out the vibe you’re going for. Are you being a let’s player, showing off random moments, playing random games, sticking to specific ones. What are you looking forward to making?

Channel Banner: The banner is just an S. People can look at the banner for guidance, to know more about you from visual appeal. I’d go over to the graphic forum, to make a request for some artwork - https://freedom.community.tm/forums/requests-offers.235/

Profile Picture: Two fists are hitting each other, what does that symbolize? Was that picture made specifically for you? Did you grab it off the internet, is it unique? Having a picture shows on all of your comments, trying to make it stand out will tempt people to click on that channel of yours. Try to individualize it.

Video Thumbnails: The text is hard to read a times. Using any color, with a black font border around it, will work on any picture. The placement of your profile picture in the middle of the screen can limit the picture. Have you considered moving it to a corner of the screen to allow more freedom?

Introduction Video?: Your page is missing an introduction video, try compiling your best moments into a montage, and talk throughout the video if you’re feeling confidant. People can learn a lot by watching a key video, and if it bodes well with viewers, consider yourself getting more constant views!

Video Description: Your descriptions don’t tell a lot about the videos. If you write more information pertaining to the content, it might rise up more in the search engines. People love finding hidden gems in the descriptions. It’s not vital, but nice to work on.

Specific Question to you: What direction are you taking for the channel? Let’s plays need to stand out, how do you plan on standing out?

Last edited:
Reactions: Morwors