Community New to this thing here

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
Hi! My name is Dot, aka iPixelDot. I hail from the mighty Ohio in the US. I am a 30 year old and specialize in graphic design. I love video games and I rather enjoy playing with and talking about new tech toys as well. That's how I got into youtube videos and how I found out about Freedom!. I joined the forums some time ago because I was having issues connecting with my youtube channel. Thankfully, it was solved rather quickly.

Some of my hobbies include gaming (board games to video games), outdoorsy stuff, hanging with my rescued pom, nerdy and geeky things entertain me, and of course I like anything artsy.

I am currently in the middle of upgrading my live stream stuff so I have not posted anything in about a month. It also doesn't help that I started a new job (woot woot). But when I get back, I'll be doing live streams of video gaming and creating digital artwork. I'm also going to be teaming up with a couple other youtubers on tech reviews and opinions, which will be awesome.

I think I hit all of the main points. lol If you have any questions, I'll answer!

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
Welcome to the community!

I'm very new myself, but it's great to see other professionals on the forums. Graphic design is what I study in college, but I'm struggling to be able to incorporate my design knowledge into my videos because of my lack of skills in adobe premiere and after effects. Do you have any advice pertaining to making good content with design knowledge?

If you don't, that's totally OK! I just figured I would ask.

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
Welcome to the community!

I'm very new myself, but it's great to see other professionals on the forums. Graphic design is what I study in college, but I'm struggling to be able to incorporate my design knowledge into my videos because of my lack of skills in adobe premiere and after effects. Do you have any advice pertaining to making good content with design knowledge?

If you don't, that's totally OK! I just figured I would ask.

In all honesty, I have dabbled with those programs but I don't know much about them to even create a halfway decent intro video. :( I'm in the middle of teaching myself those programs, which isn't easy to do. I graduated a couple years ago with my degree but the main focus we were taught was based on print design. I do most if not all of my design work on my channel and within my live streams though. But as far as adding special effects and digitally manipulating videos... it's not part of my specialty unfortunately. That's the thing about graphic design -- there's soooo much to shove into it, that you have to pick one thing to specialize in, especially in this day and age where it's continuously growing. My specialties is print design and digital artwork for example.

ClerraBellis

Freedom! Member
Jan 6, 2017
clerrabellis.deviantart.com
YouTube
Thanks for your response! It's really hard for me to focus on one thing to specialize in because I always want to be expanding my horizons. I think that once I get more practice I will be able to figure out which things work better for me. I love your channel by the way, it was awesome to find out you're a lady! I shared your channel in a separate post on this forum asking about good womyn youtubers; I hope you do not mind.

https://freedom.community.tm/threads/who-are-your-favorite-female-youtubers.218943/

Reactions: iPIxelDot