Network More Sponsorships for Female Vloggers

Gail Alter

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2017
New York
YouTube
Hi!
There are a lot of male oriented sponsorship opportunities and i was hoping to get more sponsorships for channels like my own!

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
Hi!
There are a lot of male oriented sponsorship opportunities and i was hoping to get more sponsorships for channels like my own!

subbed love it if more volg channels where in Freedom! - keep it up Gail and to add to your point about more spnsorships for girls, maybe get some cloths or makeup brands involved some how - like with free product test maybe - like the games system is by getting free makeup or cloths for reviews or in the case of cloths maybe doing some sort of look books

even as a boy - you can tell i watch too much zoella and the like but hay i like some of that stuff, i don't JUST watch gaming

also i another idea for some sponserships could be some sort of food related ones as there are some very nice channels out there (such as my virgin kitchen or epic meal times) which could be a big benefit to Freedom! to say get one of these companies that send people recipes/food in a box - partner with them and let people make the recipes and talk about the benefits of the food/product involved

another idea which would help non-gamers get more involved with Freedom would be offering classes in such things as video making or acting or stand up comedy

now i don't know if these things are possible at all but these are some of the ideas that could very much help non-gamers

also if a partner is a singer and wants to publish their music then maybe Freedom could help there - i don't know if that is something possible to be done with the likes of Position music and epidemic sounds on board but worth a shot as many great singers these days start on Youtube like Passenger and Fun

anyway just thought i'd throw out some ideas and just to say again keep up the good videos Gail :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LifelessDane

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Hi!
MMM Male oriented? I don't see anything as being exclusively male oriented. Sure gaming i see a lot of, but saying that's "male" ignores how hard we've all fought for equal rights and status (in gaming) between genders. "Games are for boys" is a very narrow way to look at things... I'm not trying to say that this is your point but it's the only mindset I can picture where you can reach the conclusion that our current sponsorship system is anything but equally open to either gender.

What sort of "girl/woman" oriented things would you like to see us do?

CyborgMonkeyYT

Co-Founder of Optimize Group Ltd
Freedom! Member
MMM Male oriented? I don't see anything as being exclusively male oriented. Sure gaming i see a lot of, but saying that's "male" ignores how hard we've all fought for equal rights and status (in gaming) between genders. "Games are for boys" is a very narrow way to look at things... I'm not trying to say that this is your point but it's the only mindset I can picture where you can reach the conclusion that our current sponsorship system is anything but equally open to either gender.

What sort of "girl/woman" oriented things would you like to see us do?
I believe she means like Beauty products, clothing and the sort. Sponsorship's that fall in line with Female Youtubers a lot more than Male. Gaming sponsorship's only go so far.

Reactions: Der Sky

Der Sky

Respected User
Freedom! Member
I do agree.
As there are 100,000+ partners in the network what do I wide range of content a few more options for non gaming channels could be added in the future :)

I agree it would nice if there are more different sponsorships, except the gaming ones :) For VLoggers (i think freedom need more of them because 99,9999999% of them are "gamers"), Beauty youtubers and them other kinds of youtubers. This will be great for all of us and freedom becomes more members / youtuber :)

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
More Sponsorships would be really nice!
As of the amount of Gaming channels in Freedom! I have seen tons of non-Gaming channels in Freedom! already and I'd love to see them get the ability to receive Sponsorships too as, let's be real, you are able to promote most things on a vlogging channel if you like them and think your audience will like it! I really hope Freedom! will add more general sponsorships in the future!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I understand your want for non-gaming oriented sponsorships. The lack of me using any of the tools provided here (due to their uselessness for most vlogging reasons) lead me to leave the network. But to ask for female-oriented sponsorships to then say travel & events are female oriented would be quite the false statement.

Freedom!, be free, they say. Perfect. All people should be open to any sponsorship that they wish, and segregating sponsorships is going to make people feel like they are left out. But besides, if a company wants you to go to an event and promote them at that event, they will contact you directly.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
But to ask for female-oriented sponsorships to then say travel & events are female oriented would be quite the false statement.

Freedom!, be free, they say. Perfect. All people should be open to any sponsorship that they wish, and segregating sponsorships is going to make people feel like they are left out.
I don't think that's what they were trying to say but instead wanting some sponsorships interesting for and targetted towards female vlogging channels like products to review and such, but not that male channels shouldn't be allowed to use them ;)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't think that's what they were trying to say but instead wanting some sponsorships interesting for and targetted towards female vlogging channels like products to review and such, but not that male channels shouldn't be allowed to use them ;)
That would certainly be a case that would be considered adequate. I think a company would prefer if their product was marketed to their target market. Beauty products are a good example because they are intended for females and would be used by a female target market, so having a female promote it would make sense.

As the network grows, such sponsorships may come up, but as of now I think Freedom! is focused on trying to get digital goods that don't cost as much to as many people as possible to make the network as open and profitable as possible. So yeah, something like that in the future can get a thumbs up, but it would also require that a manufacturer/distributor would be willing to send it out to a channel with less than 1000 subscribers.

Bruce lee in my heartt

Mar 1, 2017
I do agree.
As there are 100,000+ partners in the network what do I wide range of content a few more options for non gaming channels could be added in the future :)
aYOUR BACK GROUND AWEOMEEE[DOUBLEPOST=1488524603][/DOUBLEPOST]
Idk i was just putting it out there... maybe more travel or event type sponsorships or other influencer opportunity not gaming oriented!
+1

Daya Vera

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 22, 2017
YouTube
I know what you mean! It feels like all the sponsorships, crib material and training available are for gaming channels, what about the rest of the people? It has made me think, should I start a gaming channel LOL

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I know what you mean! It feels like all the sponsorships, crib material and training available are for gaming channels, what about the rest of the people? It has made me think, should I start a gaming channel LOL
Thought it could be that there is an abundance of material and sponsorship for that type of content due to users creating it, or advertising it from what they know. It would be nice to see Freedom cater to all its audiences but without any attention, or outcry for this it might be hard.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
@Stefan Grant maybe the next T.I.P. feature could be related to what they want here :)

At the moment T.I.P. is in early stages so we are sticking to gaming whilst we test the system, process, and other aspects but moving it into physical product and other areas are certainly things we are considering for the future. Before that, though we have to make sure the system is solid, The company's we are working with are receiving a return and we market the system correctly as currently the return for our partner company's is very low and many of our partners are not aware of the system.

At the moment a lot of our products (As is the case with T.I.P.) we target at gaming early on whilst we test and refine as this is where the biggest part of our partner base is so for testing and figuring things out it makes sense to use the largest available audience type we have to receive the most feedback and testing possible.

We are moving outside of gaming with our focus, however, for instance, WATH has recently been added allowing creators to create and monetize cover songs, Future Today Inc which can get partners on many app's on TV's. I don't currently work with any of our GFX team but I can make them aware you would like more templates and content to use outside of gaming.

Hope some of this helps I do agree there is more we can do outside of gaming and we certainly are looking to do it.

Cheers,
Stefan[DOUBLEPOST=1509673545][/DOUBLEPOST]Update:

After just speaking to our GFX and VFX team I can now share with you these.

Megapack 1 - http://bit.ly/2gXQdcP
Megapack 2 - http://bit.ly/2h7NBN7

These have many assets outside of gaming and we are looking to expand these and produce them regularly. They aren't in dashboard yet we are working on that so you probably haven't been aware of them until now :). We will keep working to expand our offerings for you guys and you can expect many new things in the coming months.

Cheers,
Stefan[DOUBLEPOST=1509673641][/DOUBLEPOST]Update:

Sorry 1 more we also have some Halloween/horror elements here http://bit.ly/vfhalloween2017

Last edited: