Is Youtube Success Just Luck?

Rafij Rahman

Well-Known User
Sep 3, 2016
Bangladesh
YouTube
rafijofficial
Hello best friends,

I just want to ask you guys something Is Youtube Success Just Luck?....I mean most of the time we see small youtubers like me often don't get noticed on youtube.Even we make quality videos,work hard our video not get that many views.So that also take effect on our subscriber base.I see a lot of channels similar to mine don't have quality videos & great thumbnails,even after that they have a great sub base.While I try my best to make my videos-thumbnails & I have to say mine are way better comparing to those channels but the result is same "none of my videos get that many views".So what's about that,is youtube success just luck?..what's your opinion about this topic?...feel free to share your opinion.

Thanks a lot :)

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
It's hard to say to be honest. I'm in the same boat as you where I see some pretty lack-luster channels and they have double if not triple more subs /views than I do. But it all depends on who the market is for. Many COD channels have fans just b/c of the genre. It all depends to be honest. For me, even though I don't have a ton of views my main intention is to give those who watch my videos a moment where they can laugh and enjoy themselves. I'm not one to chase subs, or do sub-4-sub, etc but I rather have subs which are true fans than fake ones that don't benefit me. In my honest opinion, the true success on Youtube are those who have a personality and if you have one, you'll get notices. But remember it's a slow process. You have to set yourself up to be different than the rest. When you do that, that's what gets you noticed.
Health Potion.png

Rafij Rahman

Well-Known User
Sep 3, 2016
Bangladesh
YouTube
rafijofficial
It's hard to say to be honest. I'm in the same boat as you where I see some pretty lack-luster channels and they have double if not triple more subs /views than I do. But it all depends on who the market is for. Many COD channels have fans just b/c of the genre. It all depends to be honest. For me, even though I don't have a ton of views my main intention is to give those who watch my videos a moment where they can laugh and enjoy themselves. I'm not one to chase subs, or do sub-4-sub, etc but I rather have subs which are true fans than fake ones that don't benefit me. In my honest opinion, the true success on Youtube are those who have a personality and if you have one, you'll get notices. But remember it's a slow process. You have to set yourself up to be different than the rest. When you do that, that's what gets you noticed.
View attachment 17608

Thanks a lot for the tips mate,I will try my best & best of luck to you too :)

Jun 21, 2015
UK
YouTube
dMISE_Lustyy
Yeah of course its partly luck. Some of us are blessed with a footing in whatever niche we're in (for example, people with well known blogs already, professional gamers (me!) or just social butterflies with a pre-existing fanbase from IG or whatever), and some of us are blessed to just be funny or attractive enough for people to want to watch, subscribe to, and even sponsor or donate to. But there's a lot of hard work involved I'd say. Knowing SEO, knowing how to make good content... it's not a case of "oooookay time to record my screen with my iPhone and hope it works"... but then again not everyone can afford the Elgato or whatever. Depends how bad you wanna make it work, I suppose

scorpionvongaming

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Aug 8, 2016
Brisbane Australia
YouTube
I understand a lot what the OP is saying. Regarding similar channels, exact content you upload & your overall video qualty is far better then the other persons channel but they grow 3x, 4x, 5x faster then yours and you think hmmm what the. Hence why i stopped looking at other peoples similar content and channel stats & just try to focus on providing the best content i can produce regardless of views or sub counts.

Luck & timing does have a lot to do with it.
If the game type you upload are always doing updates adding different items or features into the game few well times video`s just after that update can work wonders. We just got to keep at it, keep producing good content 1 view and 1 new subscriber at a time.

Reactions: BodaciousBrosGaming

TimeOut Corner

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2015
YouTube
View attachment 17608
Comment of the week fore me so far good one.

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would say yes YouTube success does have a degree of luck it but it also depends on your own perseverance and hard work. Clearly if your just copying other people with what you upload and not making yourself unique then chances are your not going to grow as fast as you wanted, if at all - obviously with that being said there are some people that have broken that stereotype hence why luck pays a certain role in it.

Though on the other hand, as I noted above, your own perseverance and hard work can help out immensely - say for example your one of those channel that focuses on a single game (take CoD for example) and your basically doing the same old gameplay videos / highlight reels that everyone else does your not likely to get very far with that as it stands. However with hard work you can make sure your producing better quality videos with better SEO and thus improve your chances of being noticed

Reactions: Rafij Rahman

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Luck does play a big role... Some people get lucky and theyre content finds its way to good places...

Other times... the content is just limited to your audience which is usually the case.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I don't think that it is just luck, but it definitely plays a part. A lot of the larger channels that are out there are because they were one of the first to create a video about that content. Even if it's not the best channel, they were the first one to get a foothold in the door. The more quality videos you make the more likely that the luck will pay off :)

Reactions: Rafij Rahman

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
There are definitely A LOT of factors that determine whether someone becomes Youtube famous or not, and I agree with everyone here. Playing the right games, having the charisma, the quality of content, and even just being physically attractive can all contribute to becoming popular. But luck certainly plays a big role as well and with Youtube's new algorithm for trending and recommended videos the "luck's" more unpredictable than ever. I have a buddy who went from 1K to 12K after he started recording My Summer Car when that was trending so really it's just having an eye for what people want to watch. - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
In a way i think youtube is more about being consistent. Yes i belong to that group of people who makes gameplay only content with thumbnails not being eye catching and still gain decent growth.
How come i hear you think? I am on youtube for 3 years and have been uploading from 3 times a week to daily since then.
Always have been active on social media, forums and ect, not to promote my content but to chat with fellow gamers.
Where most channels give up after a couple months or maybe a year is where i the most simple channel one can think of continues his work.
I may have simple content and may not be great but here is the thing: I am not aiming to become a youtube legend, i'm aiming to just have fun and see where the road takes me ^^

Technology King

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 14, 2016
YouTube
Well, there is a percent of luck. The entire stuff about Youtube success is not entirely luck, luck is just a small part of it. What matters is dedication, patience, hard work. You need to work hard, never give up and improve the quality of your content all the time. Eventually, success will come. Some experience success on Youtube in 2 months, some in 2 years, but eventually, it comes. That is my opinon. ;):D

RF Daniel

New User
Jan 25, 2017
Hello best friends,

I just want to ask you guys something Is Youtube Success Just Luck?....I mean most of the time we see small youtubers like me often don't get noticed on youtube.Even we make quality videos,work hard our video not get that many views.So that also take effect on our subscriber base.I see a lot of channels similar to mine don't have quality videos & great thumbnails,even after that they have a great sub base.While I try my best to make my videos-thumbnails & I have to say mine are way better comparing to those channels but the result is same "none of my videos get that many views".So what's about that,is youtube success just luck?..what's your opinion about this topic?...feel free to share your opinion.

i think its both because you have to have luck to be seen but successful to continue.

KushalGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2016
YouTube
I'd say luck doesn't give a f! all the YouTube i know have gotten big because they worked hard to improve even if it's bit by bit! Even I am getting better bit by bit and I am also trying out new setting on audio and trying out new things!

FreakySmooth

New User
Feb 6, 2017
YouTube
AsaFreaky
Hello best friends,

Maybe we can collab I just started my YouTube channel 5 days ago and so far I have 6 subs I would love to work with you and maybe we can get subs together