YouTube IS IT HARD TO GROW A CHANNEL CURRENTLY

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Youtube has a huge community and many people that want to become big. If we count the amount of Gaming, Vlogging, or whatever genre channel then there are thousand of each in wich you have to compete to earn your spot. The ones who can stay calm and stay dedicated will come somewhere because those without patience give up leaving more room for us to grow.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well there are always exceptions to the rules I've seen plenty of channels doing the same type of content as other people but their channels / views have exploded overnight. You just have to remember that in certain aspects of YouTube - especially gaming for example there is thousands upon thousands of people trying to do the same type of content - which means you have to outshine loads of people to get noticed - so in short yes I would say certain aspects of getting noticed are hard, though there is always hope

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
As said above already, you will need to do something nobody or only a few people do. Gaming is pretty saturated on YouTube nowadays for example while there's new ideas/topics coming up all the time (Trends).

Mr Price

We Have Wookies.
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2014
YouTube
Ye, just go with a subject and be passion about it. as for me (I like to game/entertain people) So i always try to make a video as funny as possible

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Well there are always exceptions to the rules I've seen plenty of channels doing the same type of content as other people but their channels / views have exploded overnight. You just have to remember that in certain aspects of YouTube - especially gaming for example there is thousands upon thousands of people trying to do the same type of content - which means you have to outshine loads of people to get noticed - so in short yes I would say certain aspects of getting noticed are hard, though there is always hope

More often than not though, those that doe have quick growth had outside help, such as an already established channel helping them out. Of course it can be completely organic, but is very rare these days.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
More often than not though, those that doe have quick growth had outside help, such as an already established channel helping them out. Of course it can be completely organic, but is very rare these days.
True true, I know its a bit outdated now but look at it when Pewdiepie did his one and only shoutout series, most of the channels mentioned exploded, most notably JackSepticEye

GamerCasual

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 15, 2014
NY
YouTube
TheGamerCasual
I feel its saturated as well ..
However, after seeing what some youtubers have gone through in the media .. do ya really want to be as popular as pewdiepie? markiplier? ect lol

Personally, I don't.
I'm not looking to get rich off my channel, I upload and do LP because I enjoy playing the game and being myself. If that brings other like minded people to my channel thats cool.
If no one views my vids lol .. well that's cool with me to.

I personally wouldn't want the fame or responsibility big youtubers have.
I would rather be just .. casual ;)

theketolifter

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
Augusta, GA
www.facebook.com
YouTube
I would have to agree, YouTube is rather saturated, ESPECIALLY in certain genres, Gaming most of all.. BUT... There is room, and you can be successful, it's all about luck, consistency, and finding what works for you. At the end of the day, though, you've got to be doing something you like, or you will get burnt out quickly.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Yes, it is true. Full stop.

People are under the impression that if they are like the popular guy, they can become popular as well. That is the worst thing you can do for your channel, people want new and different, and doing what the next guy is going will not help. Which is why you must refrain from any basic form of video in any genre.

Jxtremewolf

Rising User
Mar 5, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
Jxtremewolf
Let's take gaming genre for example and Pokemon Go. I have seen channels jump in subs quickly but as time goes they lose subs if they don't do something new or fresh that other channels aren't doing. And other channels like Trainertips steadily grows because of the way he does his content, and when pokemon go looked like it was about to die because lack of new things, he branched out a bit with pokemon duel and found a new audience to appeal to.

Crazyman Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2017
YouTube
Crazyman_Gaming
Its hard to grow when you begin but once you start getting subs you have to keep on going and dont stop at it even if you believe that its going nowhere. Once you have a big channel you'll be happy you never gave up.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
While my channel hasn't really grown in a year (Since I've stopped CSGO content for the most part) in terms of new subs, I am getting about 1k views/month.

So for only having 169 subs, but getting 1k views/monthly is a good trade off in my opinion...

Reactions: RoadMusicChals