Solved I recieved a copyright claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I received a copyright claim and i disputed it although apparently from it was a valid claim and now i want to appeal it but there is the possibility that i could get a strike on my channel. Idk what to do i certainy want to appeal it again since my video falls under fair use.

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Can you provide any more information about the claim. How do you know wit falls under fair use?
I contacted my MCN and was told that my video does fall under fair use(which btw i knew from the beginning) but unfortunately youtubes copyright system is so flawed that when someone puts a copyright claim on your video they basically are given full power so ultimately i deleted the video despite the fact that i was in fair use to use it and the fact that it wasnt just his video i was reacting to it was others. Such bs.

Upvote 0

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Yeah myself I wouldn't risk disputing and appealing. I played with fire doing that during my early days and got a couple strikes for that. I was lucky to not have my channel shut down before it all began. Basically any copyright claims I just leave those alone because these days I realize it's not a big deal. All that happens is the claiming party monetizes the video and since I'm not out for the money anyway I just let the creators take what they want.

No point really deleting the video either unless you think it could cause some trouble for you down the road.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.