Tips & Tricks How to Record with OBS and have 0 lag by DIRECTLY Recording the Game!

CakeLikesPie

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
YouTube
CakeLikesPie
Today I made a video explaining all the confusions and misconceptions of OBS and tell you my PERSONAL OBS settings that record videos in smaller file sized in full 1080p60 and above by telling you how to get obs to directly record your game so you don't lag in games (legit you drop only like 5 frames) and have a high quality video!

If you have any questions comment here or in the video and I will try to help as much as I can!

iTzKoaala

Rising User
Jun 4, 2016
YouTube
Thanks for the vid man! I have one question though. I use OBS and when I record. My mic catches keyboard sounds and mic clicks. I have tried working with my noisegate and all that but it still fails to work. Got any tips?

CakeLikesPie

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 18, 2015
YouTube
CakeLikesPie
Thanks for the vid man! I have one question though. I use OBS and when I record. My mic catches keyboard sounds and mic clicks. I have tried working with my noisegate and all that but it still fails to work. Got any tips?
I would try using a 3rd party software to extract your mic audio from an audio track like I said with the multi-track audio recording. Then at the end of a recording spam your keyboard and mouse but don't talk. Try to use Audacidy to use its "noise removal" effect select the end of the audio where you spam clicked. Then get noise profile then go back into it with the entire mp3 selected then go into noise removal again then hit ok

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
Today I made a video explaining all the confusions and misconceptions of OBS and tell you my PERSONAL OBS settings that record videos in smaller file sized in full 1080p60 and above by telling you how to get obs to directly record your game so you don't lag in games (legit you drop only like 5 frames) and have a high quality video!

If you have any questions comment here or in the video and I will try to help as much as I can!

What is the diffrence between studio and normal obs?

MomBooShuGaming

YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Aug 23, 2014
YouTube
Are you using a headset mic?