How do you stand out, over everyone else?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member

People often forget, that there's thousand upon thousands of videos that are released every day. Uploading video games, vlog videos, they all share striking similarities, with hardly any variation at all. In your honest opinion, how do you stand apart from everyone else on youtube, what makes you unique?

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
I though about this before I started so I did a series that's nowhere on YouTube that I upload everyday and it seems to be my best series right now

fattmat

Freedom! Member
I though about this before I started so I did a series that's nowhere on YouTube that I upload everyday and it seems to be my best series right now
What series do you do? I'm surprised that nobody else could be doing it :eek:

Chronamut

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I simply post whatever I feel will be interesting, and I post often. Often is key.

hzap360

New User

People often forget, that there's thousand upon thousands of videos that are released every day. Uploading video games, vlog videos, they all share striking similarities, with hardly any variation at all. In your honest opinion, how do you stand apart from everyone else on youtube, what makes you unique?
Great intros and banners is how you stand out

hzap360

New User

:0

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
A series called Pokemon Showdown Destruction where I'm trying to show every single Pokemon beat a whole team and it's my best series right now

fattmat

Freedom! Member
A series called Pokemon Showdown Destruction where I'm trying to show every single Pokemon beat a whole team and it's my best series right now
Okay, that sounds a lot more informative. How much better is that series going for you, compared to everything else?

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Having a unique personality and sense of humor... I feel like that really stands out! And also a unique type of editing in your videos.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
Having a unique personality and sense of humor... I feel like that really stands out! And also a unique type of editing in your videos.
Heh, the word unique is key though. How many people do we know have a unique personality? We might have a few variations, but finding that balance is the hardest part. Same for shooting for videos, too many people don't know themselves too well :p

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Heh, the word unique is key though. How many people do we know have a unique personality? We might have a few variations, but finding that balance is the hardest part. Same for shooting for videos, too many people don't know themselves too well :p
That's true! But be unique in your commentary style, and editing style, and things like that! And then you're good.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
That's true! But be unique in your commentary style, and editing style, and things like that! And then you're good.
Too bad we can't help people be unique, that's something everyone can struggle with at times, hah.

'Tell me how to act"