How do you stand out, over everyone else?

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
In the end, if we can truly stand out, getting noticed will take time. Not everyone can be found in an instant, so keeping relevant is important.
Yeah that's true, YouTube is all about patience. You have to keep persevering, and if you can't do that then there's a little chance you can succeed on YouTube!

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
  • Have fun
  • Know what you're talking about
  • Respond to supporters
  • Be patience
  • Upload often
  • Strive to entertain
  • Strive to improve

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
  • Have fun
  • Know what you're talking about
  • Respond to supporters
  • Be patience
  • Upload often
  • Strive to entertain
  • Strive to improve
Many people give up before they can even improve, that's the sad part. When instant gratification doesn't come their way, everything else is meaningless.
Yeah that's true, YouTube is all about patience. You have to keep persevering, and if you can't do that then there's a little chance you can succeed on YouTube!
Patience is key for a lot of people, you never know when you can get discovered.

Hostslayer

Gamer Person
Freedom! Member
Apr 12, 2014
YouTube
Many people give up before they can even improve, that's the sad part. When instant gratification doesn't come their way, everything else is meaningless.

Patience is key for a lot of people, you never know when you can get discovered.
I've been looking just to improve because once people start saying you deserve more subs you know you're doing something right.
I watched Level Cap go from 13K to 1Mil and before he really took off I remember saying you deserve more subs.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I've been looking just to improve because once people start saying you deserve more subs you know you're doing something right.
I watched Level Cap go from 13K to 1Mil and before he really took off I remember saying you deserve more subs.
Improving is vital, because you can attract a whole lot more people when you're more presentable. Everybody can make drastic changes in a few weeks, or even months of hard work. Skill doesn't just appear out of nowhere, it gets earned over time ^^

Reactions: Hostslayer

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube

People often forget, that there's thousand upon thousands of videos that are released every day. Uploading video games, vlog videos, they all share striking similarities, with hardly any variation at all. In your honest opinion, how do you stand apart from everyone else on youtube, what makes you unique?
I'm just myself! I like using my own personal input and experiences to influence my gameplays and I don't fake my personality

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I'm just myself! I like using my own personal input and experiences to influence my gameplays and I don't fake my personality
People tend to take their personality too much, or they exaggerate it. When people say be unique, they want you to be yourself, and to be the best version of yourself that you can be ^^

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
People tend to take their personality too much, or they exaggerate it. When people say be unique, they want you to be yourself, and to be the best version of yourself that you can be ^^
More than anything though, I think where I differ is selflessness. I want to genuinely help people and become a positive influence to my viewers. In not trying to be big and live off of YouTube, I'm just trying to be myself and help people :)

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
More than anything though, I think where I differ is selflessness. I want to genuinely help people and become a positive influence to my viewers. In not trying to be big and live off of YouTube, I'm just trying to be myself and help people :)
I'm more focused on community engagement. In the past I was focused on getting popular, but you rarely make great friends that way. Becoming a positive influence will help out down the line, you never know who can help you back some day ^^

Reactions: Goped Fred

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I'm more focused on community engagement. In the past I was focused on getting popular, but you rarely make great friends that way. Becoming a positive influence will help out down the line, you never know who can help you back some day ^^
I've learned more and more that if you do good things that good things are more offense to happen, plus I just like helping people. I'm just trying to do right by my life

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
It gets about double the views of some of my series however some other ones still nearly reach as much as it
That's an extreme amount, I hope you can continue to capitalize on everything ^^
Welp my hair sticks out, Beat that :) aha xD
Hah, my hair sticks out in a way as well. You don't see too many golden hair dudes on youtube :p

Reactions: User.123120

People often forget, that there's thousand upon thousands of videos that are released every day. Uploading video games, vlog videos, they all share striking similarities, with hardly any variation at all. In your honest opinion, how do you stand apart from everyone else on youtube, what makes you unique?
I dunno ;;u;; I just do what I like doing, I guess I'm not really thinking all the time about how to be unique, I'm just enjoying making what I post and trying to do it in a way that other people enjoy it too? :eek:... ;;;-;;;

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I dunno ;;u;; I just do what I like doing, I guess I'm not really thinking all the time about how to be unique, I'm just enjoying making what I post and trying to do it in a way that other people enjoy it too? :eek:... ;;;-;;;
Yeah enjoying yourself and doing content you like and mixing it with a bit of unique is what I do and it keeps it fun for me and unique for my channel to grow

Reactions: MissDerps

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
Video editing-wise, I just put my personality into making my videos. I love memes, puns and even bad jokes, so I usually add them into my videos along with some references to movies, tv shows and what not. To me, it's basically showing the audience who I am and what I like.

Content-wise, I try to stand out in some games I do. Since I started out doing Minecraft videos and some of my audience only watch those, I try to give them a reason to stick around to my channel and upload a weekly series on Minecraft called Minecraft Town Showcase, where I showcase towns on a Towny Server in the most ridiculous way possible by adding memes, references, puns and, if you're lucky, parodies! It certainly gained a lot of views and attracted a lot of new viewers to my channel.

Another series I do is Far Cry Primal and/or Far Cry 4 where I claim outposts using my viewer's creative suggestions, whether how I claim the outpost or what I use to claim the outpost. Sometimes, the audience wanted me to go a level higher and try to do stupid stuff while claiming the outpost...for instance, act dramatically throughout the whole video XD.

I also do monthly vlogs where I use my audience's suggestions for the intro, like singing songs in my language. It's a series where I keep my audience updated in case they haven't been reading my tweets or where I announce something that I plan on making in the future. It's a way where I can engage with my viewers and it's definitely fun making them.

There are other series I do that are plain ol' gameplays, but the shenanigans that happens in the video is something you don't wanna miss. My friends and I can literally come up with the most stupidest jokes/puns/you name it and it always ended up with all of us having the time of our lives. It may not be original, but it's an experience worth sharing.

And these are the things, that I believe, makes my channel unique.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
People might be compelled to join you randomly, which works ^^
Video editing-wise, I just put my personality into making my videos. I love memes, puns and even bad jokes, so I usually add them into my videos along with some references to movies, tv shows and what not. To me, it's basically showing the audience who I am and what I like.

Content-wise, I try to stand out in some games I do. Since I started out doing Minecraft videos and some of my audience only watch those, I try to give them a reason to stick around to my channel and upload a weekly series on Minecraft called Minecraft Town Showcase, where I showcase towns on a Towny Server in the most ridiculous way possible by adding memes, references, puns and, if you're lucky, parodies! It certainly gained a lot of views and attracted a lot of new viewers to my channel.

Another series I do is Far Cry Primal and/or Far Cry 4 where I claim outposts using my viewer's creative suggestions, whether how I claim the outpost or what I use to claim the outpost. Sometimes, the audience wanted me to go a level higher and try to do stupid stuff while claiming the outpost...for instance, act dramatically throughout the whole video XD.

I also do monthly vlogs where I use my audience's suggestions for the intro, like singing songs in my language. It's a series where I keep my audience updated in case they haven't been reading my tweets or where I announce something that I plan on making in the future. It's a way where I can engage with my viewers and it's definitely fun making them.

There are other series I do that are plain ol' gameplays, but the shenanigans that happens in the video is something you don't wanna miss. My friends and I can literally come up with the most stupidest jokes/puns/you name it and it always ended up with all of us having the time of our lives. It may not be original, but it's an experience worth sharing.

And these are the things, that I believe, makes my channel unique.
I don't use memes myself, but I'm chalk full of puns and lame jokes :p Younger audiences take well to that sort of uniqueness ^^ Taking suggestions work nicely if you have a fanbase. It just sounds like you have a nice community to work off of ^^