Tips & Tricks Growing a gaming channel!

IntensifyYT

New User
Mar 26, 2016
I would live stream if my mic was decent and my WiFi wasn't 54Mbps and my laptop wasn't from 2008 but thanks for the tip, another thing I can throw in also is try doing giveaways on the stream, people love those :D

I would kill for 54mbps internet... lol I have 5 mbps, thats why most of my videos are cut commentaries. Giveaways are always a great idea!

Spaghetti Man

Rising User
Mar 24, 2016
YouTube
No worries. You can test your market as well, since it depends on how often you can stream, or what you have planned.
Hey since you're an all knowing god can you tell me how long it took you to get the email that you've been acceped and the invitation on your dashboard? Because ive been waiting like 10 days and im getting kinda pissed now.

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
I don't think livestreaming is all that helpful. I can livestream for hours on end and get people who already watch me both on Twitch and Youtube and every couple of months, get like 1 or 2 new subs. But for the most part, I have grown quicker from just posting daily videos.

Hungry4Games

Mar 15, 2016
Belgium
twitter.com
YouTube
Streaming is indeed a great tool, IF you use the Youtube livestreamtool! I use Twitch myself, since I started streaming before youtube implemented the function.
Another great way to reach more people is to go to forums related to the games you play and promote yourself! Don't spam your vids on there, but just get your name out there, mention you're a youtuber, have a link in your signature and profile... that sort of thing.
It's really important to be seen out there, and be nice as well :p people really hate trolls!

JMBamf

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
My tip is live streaming! My channel has gained 50+ subs in the last 28 days! all it is, is just play music and gaming like normal, only people really want to be able to talk to the youtuber and yes! I am streaming on youtube! it have helped so much that I'd say if you are a gaming channel 10/10 do stream! :D
Thanks for the advice! I will look into streaming