YouTube Gaining Subs, But Not Many Views

LegendaryT

Freedom! Member
Oct 14, 2016
Vancouver BC
YouTube
So. There's this myth on Youtube that isn't exactly proven, but basically as long as your average 10% view ratio to subscribers, you are doing fine. Not every video is going to be viewed by every subscriber. This is just a fact. Now granted, you have your bad videos, and your good videos that happen to show varying offsets on views. For example, my highest viewed video is 94K (and going up for some godforsaken reason right now) and my lowest is 40. Just different videos do well depending on a variety of outside things.[DOUBLEPOST=1488215980][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't say Facebook prevents tracking. Facebook definitely tracks the video views. They just wait to collect the data and then send it in a batch to YT. YT then has to process the data, and apply views properly.

Really? Cuz, a few days ago I was watching Derral Eves, and he said from 2013, Facebook blocked all traffic from Youtube, becaused they are rivals. But, he might be wrong, IDK...

Reactions: DubTheMob

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Really? Cuz, a few days ago I was watching Derral Eves, and he said from 2013, Facebook blocked all traffic from Youtube, becaused they are rivals. But, he might be wrong, IDK...
If that were true, you wouldn't see a facebook option under external websites. The traffic gets through, they,just hold,it for,verification and then,send it in a batch

DubTheMob

May 17, 2015
Netherlands
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Maybe you should see what time of day most people are on youtube and start posting your videos then.
Always doing that, thanks :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488710221][/DOUBLEPOST]
It could be due to that your subs don't get notified about your new video once it goes live if they don't have notification on. A other option could be a change of content.
Never thought of that! Might be, thanks a lot man :D[DOUBLEPOST=1488710310][/DOUBLEPOST]
My recent videos also had low views. It must be that they aren't getting notified.
Thought so too :/ all the best to you :D[DOUBLEPOST=1488710378][/DOUBLEPOST]
It could just be as simple as people that subbed are looking only at certain content on your channel (the reason they subbed in the first place) i get that often. Or it could be down to people liked your video at the time, subbed but havnt come back to watch anything else for a while. There are numerous reasons but i wouldnt worry about it because atleast your gaining subs which tells me people like what they see. So just carry on and im sure it will be fine.
Might be man, I don't really know. But thank you! I'll keep doing what I do lol
All the best to you![DOUBLEPOST=1488710501][/DOUBLEPOST]
I checked your channel, most of the videos have over 100 views. Some even have over 1000 views. So the very few that don't is probably due to people simply not clicking the video. I have times where I'm subbed to someone and I just don't watch one or two of their videos. The video maybe a great video, but some people just don't watch every single video YouTubers upload. Don't worry about. But if you want those videos to get more views. you can put cards and end screen suggestions to your newer low view videos.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do your research! I really appreciate it.
You're right, I'll just keep testing it out till I figure out how the system works. Thank you and all the best![DOUBLEPOST=1488710730][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let me be clear here before I start, do not jump to YouTube being broken when you're not getting views. If you're making a video properly and making videos that can be seen, most of your views should be coming from non-subscribers. That is until you run through a threshold where it averages out, and then overtakes.

At your size in subscribers, you should be expecting 75 views within about four days. If you're not, take a look at how many subscribers are returning by limiting your analytics to subscribers only. From there, focus on your tags. Are your tags pointing to your specific video or videos like yours? Search terms should be good for your video and what it possesses. If it comes out that your tags are like those that other people have used, how many others have used them? Is there even a chance of you getting your video onto the first page of search results? If you can't get on the first page of search results, you shouldn't use that tag.
Thanks for taking the time man.
Apparently not all my subs can see my videos, it's all about the bell notification thingy.
I've been trying almost everything, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
But thanks again! Really appreciate it. All the best![DOUBLEPOST=1488710806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Around 10% views per sub is fairly normal. If you want to get more views than that per video then you will have to work on getting your content out there or wait until a video show up high in the search rankings.
Thanks for your insight! Really appreciate it.
I'll try some new things and see how t goes.
All the best![DOUBLEPOST=1488710958][/DOUBLEPOST]
Subscribers don't mean a lot honestly until you're like 10-20k+ subs. Even right now at 2,200 subscribers maybe 10-15% of my subs watch my videos. You have to get your content out there for it to get viewed.
Well it works from some and doesn't for others. I've been trying to get my content out there for a while now haha. Will keep trying though.
Thanks for your insight man, really appreciate it. All the best to you!

Last edited:

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Always doing that, thanks :)[DOUBLEPOST=1488710221][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never thought of that! Might be, thanks a lot man :D[DOUBLEPOST=1488710310][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thought so too :/ all the best to you :D[DOUBLEPOST=1488710378][/DOUBLEPOST]
Might be man, I don't really know. But thank you! I'll keep doing what I do lol
All the best to you![DOUBLEPOST=1488710501][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you so much for taking the time to do your research! I really appreciate it.
You're right, I'll just keep testing it out till I figure out how the system works. Thank you and all the best![DOUBLEPOST=1488710730][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for taking the time man.
Apparently not all my subs can see my videos, it's all about the bell notification thingy.
I've been trying almost everything, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
But thanks again! Really appreciate it. All the best![DOUBLEPOST=1488710806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for your insight! Really appreciate it.
I'll try some new things and see how t goes.
All the best![DOUBLEPOST=1488710958][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well it works from some and doesn't for others. I've been trying to get my content out there for a while now haha. Will keep trying though.
Thanks for your insight man, really appreciate it. All the best to you!
No problem, glad i could help :)