YouTube Gaining Subs, But Not Many Views

DubTheMob

May 17, 2015
Netherlands
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Greetings everyone!

I hope you're all doing well.

I recently got back to Youtube and I use to get around 100+ views, all of a sudden the views stopped coming. I'm gaining around 1-5 subs a day which I'm grateful for, but how are my views not exceeding 80?

Is Youtube broken again? or is it just me?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Please share your experience too and if you have any tips that can help others :)

<3

Reactions: LegendaryT

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
It could just be as simple as people that subbed are looking only at certain content on your channel (the reason they subbed in the first place) i get that often. Or it could be down to people liked your video at the time, subbed but havnt come back to watch anything else for a while. There are numerous reasons but i wouldnt worry about it because atleast your gaining subs which tells me people like what they see. So just carry on and im sure it will be fine.

Reactions: DubTheMob

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I checked your channel, most of the videos have over 100 views. Some even have over 1000 views. So the very few that don't is probably due to people simply not clicking the video. I have times where I'm subbed to someone and I just don't watch one or two of their videos. The video maybe a great video, but some people just don't watch every single video YouTubers upload. Don't worry about. But if you want those videos to get more views. you can put cards and end screen suggestions to your newer low view videos.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Let me be clear here before I start, do not jump to YouTube being broken when you're not getting views. If you're making a video properly and making videos that can be seen, most of your views should be coming from non-subscribers. That is until you run through a threshold where it averages out, and then overtakes.

At your size in subscribers, you should be expecting 75 views within about four days. If you're not, take a look at how many subscribers are returning by limiting your analytics to subscribers only. From there, focus on your tags. Are your tags pointing to your specific video or videos like yours? Search terms should be good for your video and what it possesses. If it comes out that your tags are like those that other people have used, how many others have used them? Is there even a chance of you getting your video onto the first page of search results? If you can't get on the first page of search results, you shouldn't use that tag.

GucciCarry

Oct 19, 2016
YouTube
Smithtainment
Subscribers don't mean a lot honestly until you're like 10-20k+ subs. Even right now at 2,200 subscribers maybe 10-15% of my subs watch my videos. You have to get your content out there for it to get viewed.

Betta

Rising User
Mar 3, 2016
YouTube
I guess it's a lag. It usually happens to me straight after uploading. Try to re-check after at least 3 days. It will revert back to normal and does not affect your earnings.

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
It depends, it could be that they're just not notified as some have said in this forum. Or it could be that the subs you're getting are not actual people but bots. It's hard to tell really. Sometimes it can depends on preference as well. My recommendation is just keep at it and the views will come back.

Rvcboy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
Estonia
YouTube
They don't have to be bots, I have seen quite a lot of cases in this community where people subscribe one person, because his/her channel is small and they want to make him/her happy with the amount of increase in sub count, but by themselves they just stay mostly inactive and leave his/her channel with same amount of views as before.

I haven't promoted myself by aknowledging myself about it, just did videos about my favourite games and eventually almost 100 people subscribed me over a year which is good as 25-50% of them watch me actively.

(Sorry if my post counts as hijacking a thread already)

LegendaryT

Freedom! Member
Oct 14, 2016
Vancouver BC
YouTube
It's either they are not getting notified or it's just youtube have not update the view count for your video yet. Also, Facebook blocked all traffic to youtube, that means if you share a video from youtube to facebook, nothing will happen if they watch it!

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Greetings everyone!

I hope you're all doing well.

I recently got back to Youtube and I use to get around 100+ views, all of a sudden the views stopped coming. I'm gaining around 1-5 subs a day which I'm grateful for, but how are my views not exceeding 80?

Is Youtube broken again? or is it just me?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Please share your experience too and if you have any tips that can help others :)

<3
So. There's this myth on Youtube that isn't exactly proven, but basically as long as your average 10% view ratio to subscribers, you are doing fine. Not every video is going to be viewed by every subscriber. This is just a fact. Now granted, you have your bad videos, and your good videos that happen to show varying offsets on views. For example, my highest viewed video is 94K (and going up for some godforsaken reason right now) and my lowest is 40. Just different videos do well depending on a variety of outside things.[DOUBLEPOST=1488215980][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's either they are not getting notified or it's just youtube have not update the view count for your video yet. Also, Facebook blocked all traffic to youtube, that means if you share a video from youtube to facebook, nothing will happen if they watch it!
I wouldn't say Facebook prevents tracking. Facebook definitely tracks the video views. They just wait to collect the data and then send it in a batch to YT. YT then has to process the data, and apply views properly.