Network Freedom forced monetization?

Do you think freedom should force us to have ads and take 40% of our earnings?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I agree with the 60-40 split but I don't like how they force us to display ads.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Hi Freedom Community,
I would like to raise a concern about YouTube and the freedom network. I like freedom and its benefits but I do believe this network it trying to get money out of us for the most part.
I have been a partner with freedom and have had many channels partnered with freedom but there has been one Thing that has been bothering me this whole time. Monetization.
When I joined freedom, I had no intent on earning money from my videos, I joined freedom for the benefits it has to offer.
When I joined, freedom automatically turned on my channel monetization and forced desktop ads to be on my videos. It seems as if they are trying to use my channel solely for an income.
I have not found a way to turn off monetization and find it annoying how they force me to have ads on my videos so they can make money off my channel.
I am interested in partnering my future channels with freedom but I won't be partnering them if freedom is simply going to be using them to get more money.
Is there a way to turn monetization off?
Why do you force us to have desktop ads on my videos?

Please don't take this post the wrong way, I understand you are an MCN and your main purpose is to help creators grow but I just don't get why you force us to display ads when we don't want to.

Thanks,
Showcase One Media Team

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Well ofcourse Freedom try to earn a few money on the channel who partner with them, But the 40% they take of earnigns. Is spent on licenses for the partners. Remember it is not free to run position music licenses, then there is heartbeat crome extension, then there is the need to pay of website servers, payment for the support, and other workers within freedom. The money they need to earn in order to keep all features and services updated does require a high income for the Partnership in order to pay all the bills.

Remember they take 40% of our income (as a basic) but we get so many other features and services in return, you would have to pay anyway if you would get it outside freedom.

Also you can decide for yourself if you want to use ads on videos. SImply go to your video settings and disable it if you dont want ads on videos.
So they dont force you to do anything

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
I totally agree with you, except, I can't disable all ads on my channel. It says desktop ads, required.
Thanks for your reply.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
weird, because i am able to disable all ads. I just have to change my monetize settings to "track in all countries"

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
I might get onto support.
I want to partner my other channels with freedom because I'm working on game development and filmmaking and I really want to use position music for my trailers

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
well I do a bit of game development aswell. And things like position music is what freedom use alot of money on to keep liceses working :)

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Thanks so much for your valuable responses. Maybe I can chat with you sometime in the future about some of my game ideas and get each other's opinions.

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
@Showcase One Media

I believe you may have been put into the wrong MCN we have one MCN that forces monetization for very specific reasons I won't go into its long and complicated :) If you contact support you should be able to be moved into our gaming MCN which does not do this.

Stef