Favorite Childhood Games

Banana Capon

Rising User
Mar 8, 2015
YouTube
My childhood game is definately Crock, the first 3-4 Tomb Raider games and obviously The Sims 1 :p Oh, and Jazz the Jackrabbit :) I'm sure I could come up with more games but I don't remember most of the names :)

Reactions: Goped Fred

Trothan

New User
Dec 16, 2015
YouTube
I often find myself returning to Spyro and Jak and Daxter. In fact, my favorite has to be the Jak game series. Just being able to use different powers because of universal energy just makes me more and more interested in the game series.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I often find myself returning to Spyro and Jak and Daxter. In fact, my favorite has to be the Jak game series. Just being able to use different powers because of universal energy just makes me more and more interested in the game series.
Yesss, harnessing the different ecos was so imaginitive. I think the first was my favorite though just because it was my first PS2 game and it was just so visually appealing

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
My childhood game is definately Crock, the first 3-4 Tomb Raider games and obviously The Sims 1 :p Oh, and Jazz the Jackrabbit :) I'm sure I could come up with more games but I don't remember most of the names :)
I was wondering why I remembered the name Crock. I used to live that game! I can still remember watching my dad play Tomb Raider as well

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
My gosh, old games and retro are just down my alley! *v*

Some of my favorites are;
- Mario Kart to Snes. First time I saw the game as a kid, was in a shopping-mall where they had put up a Snes and the game for people to play and try. As soon as I tried it, I knew it was a game I would love. My mom needed to drag me away and I would always go with her to the mall that I usually hated, just to try the game again. Sadly it was gone next time I was there, making me incredible sad. Though couple of months later did me and my brothers get the game anyhow. c:

- Zelda: Link to the Past to Snes. Probably one of the best Zelda games ever, and still fond of it today. What made it more special to me was that I was the third in my family to beat it, after my uncle and mother (yes, my mother is an old gamer). The thing is that I'm from Sweden, so English isn't my native language, and when I played it didn't I know any English, so it was all gibberish for me. I played it more for fun, collecting rupies and fight enemies. Though I beat the game in the end, after pestering my mother to translate some parts of it for me. xD

- Command & Conquer to PSOne. I remember playing this game on Sega Saturn at a friends place, and just like Mario Kart, did I fall in love with it at the first moment! I had never really played an strategy game before, so it was new to me, and I loved it deeply. So much that I drew a lot of pictures and such about it, and got insane super happy to get it as a bday gift years later. Even if it was second hand bought, was it a treasure for me.

- Pokémon to Game Boy. Obviously needed to be on the list. Me and my brothers became insane about the show, and I got up early to record it on VHS tapes (Yes, I'm that old!), and we died to play the game. Though we found it on the net in form of rom and emulator, we are a poor family so we rarely had a chance to get things like games, so for us that was the only chance to play some Pokémon. Only thing was when we had just downloaded it, was we forced to go with our parents to the city market. It was the longest hours in our life, we just wanted to get home to play the game. Where we ended up catching like 10 pidgeys, cause we thought the more the better! xD

- Final Fantasy VIII to PSOne. Yay, a FF game! Though instead of VII that is the most popular, my fave is actually VIII. I played it for the first time at my aunts place, and fell in love with the game, the characters and the story. I had played FF VII before, but VIII was the game that got me really hooked into RPG and FF franchise. I know many love to hate on the game, but for me, this is the love of FF games *v*.

Other games worth mention are Super Mario 64, Golden Eye 007, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil and so many more.

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I was big into Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Raccoon and Crash Bandicoot. They're the series' that I can play again as an adult and still really enjoy <3
Love those games. I remember playing Jak and Daxter 1, for like an entire day cause I didn't have a memory card to the PS. And at the end of the game did the machine overheat and died. Talk about getting upset. xD

Reactions: LittleDuck

Gamenugz

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
gamenugz
Final Fantasy Tactics, my friend and I stayed up one night when we were kids from 8pm to 11am the next morning playing it, one of the best memories I have of playing video games.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
My gosh, old games and retro are just down my alley! *v*

Some of my favorites are;
- Mario Kart to Snes. First time I saw the game as a kid, was in a shopping-mall where they had put up a Snes and the game for people to play and try. As soon as I tried it, I knew it was a game I would love. My mom needed to drag me away and I would always go with her to the mall that I usually hated, just to try the game again. Sadly it was gone next time I was there, making me incredible sad. Though couple of months later did me and my brothers get the game anyhow. c:

- Zelda: Link to the Past to Snes. Probably one of the best Zelda games ever, and still fond of it today. What made it more special to me was that I was the third in my family to beat it, after my uncle and mother (yes, my mother is an old gamer). The thing is that I'm from Sweden, so English isn't my native language, and when I played it didn't I know any English, so it was all gibberish for me. I played it more for fun, collecting rupies and fight enemies. Though I beat the game in the end, after pestering my mother to translate some parts of it for me. xD

- Command & Conquer to PSOne. I remember playing this game on Sega Saturn at a friends place, and just like Mario Kart, did I fall in love with it at the first moment! I had never really played an strategy game before, so it was new to me, and I loved it deeply. So much that I drew a lot of pictures and such about it, and got insane super happy to get it as a bday gift years later. Even if it was second hand bought, was it a treasure for me.

- Pokémon to Game Boy. Obviously needed to be on the list. Me and my brothers became insane about the show, and I got up early to record it on VHS tapes (Yes, I'm that old!), and we died to play the game. Though we found it on the net in form of rom and emulator, we are a poor family so we rarely had a chance to get things like games, so for us that was the only chance to play some Pokémon. Only thing was when we had just downloaded it, was we forced to go with our parents to the city market. It was the longest hours in our life, we just wanted to get home to play the game. Where we ended up catching like 10 pidgeys, cause we thought the more the better! xD

- Final Fantasy VIII to PSOne. Yay, a FF game! Though instead of VII that is the most popular, my fave is actually VIII. I played it for the first time at my aunts place, and fell in love with the game, the characters and the story. I had played FF VII before, but VIII was the game that got me really hooked into RPG and FF franchise. I know many love to hate on the game, but for me, this is the love of FF games *v*.

Other games worth mention are Super Mario 64, Golden Eye 007, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil and so many more.
Mario Kart will alway be the best racing game for me, ever! I played Zelda on the regular Nintendo and Gameboy, but I always get a little upset at the fact I've never owned a N64 or SNES to play the ones people enjoyed the most. Poke'mon was so very good though, it will always have a place in my heart. Unfortunately, I never too much got into the Final Fantasy series. I have no clue why

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Final Fantasy Tactics, my friend and I stayed up one night when we were kids from 8pm to 11am the next morning playing it, one of the best memories I have of playing video games.
I love the Final Fantasy Tactics games, and the type of games (like Onimusha Tactics and Tactics Ogre). I remember at my first job when we had little to do, that I sneak in a GBA and FF Tactics to play when nothing to do. xD

Mario Kart will alway be the best racing game for me, ever! I played Zelda on the regular Nintendo and Gameboy, but I always get a little upset at the fact I've never owned a N64 or SNES to play the ones people enjoyed the most. Poke'mon was so very good though, it will always have a place in my heart. Unfortunately, I never too much got into the Final Fantasy series. I have no clue why
Feel for ya, I was lucky to get those old machines, and I still have them today. No chance I will ever sell them or get rid of them! *v*
I think Final Fantasy is games that you either really like, or not. And took me a while before I liked them as well. xD

Reactions: Gamenugz

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I love the Final Fantasy Tactics games, and the type of games (like Onimusha Tactics and Tactics Ogre). I remember at my first job when we had little to do, that I sneak in a GBA and FF Tactics to play when nothing to do. xD

Feel for ya, I was lucky to get those old machines, and I still have them today. No chance I will ever sell them or get rid of them! *v*
I think Final Fantasy is games that you either really like, or not. And took me a while before I liked them as well. xD
Haha XD I still have a nice variety of games I've played through the years, I'm definitely grateful I've had the provisions to be able to pay what all I did. I hate to see that you grew up in a poor family, but it truly is heartening to see how you've made the most out of it. Thank you for sharing your story!

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and oddly enough Halo. Though, I was born in 1992 so not many 8bit games :p.
I was born in '92 as well! I mostly watched my parents play the older Nintendo games, and some PS1 games. I still played a bit though. Halo was the introduction of FPS games for me, and it definitely got me hooked.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles