Solved DropBackTV Or Sub-Networks By Freedom Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

gridcoregraphics

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
Hi, You may have seen the new video of youtube policy regarding the sub-networks and I seem to have fallen into a bit of a problem due to this.

I partnered with dropbacktv (freedom network) last month, and now the new policy is in place. I've lost all my revenue and in my channel status and features" tab, it says i'm not part of ANY network.

So, My earnings are gone and i'm no longer part of dropbacktv aka freedom network.

Last edited:

Game Over 2

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2015
Troy, Mo
YouTube
At this moment it all is a bit vague as there is not much info about what is going to happen from here on out...
this is true. there is hardly any info and i dont think they know what to do at this point. all we can do is wait it out and see if they come up with something. i would try emailing dropbacktv see whats up just in case to see if it was the youtube policy change.

Upvote 0

gridcoregraphics

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
My friend whos part of dropbacktv, has automatically been moved to "freedom" network, normally on his channel settings i would say "dropbacktv powered by freedom network", not it just says "freedom"

i guess their changing it around

Upvote 0

Game Over 2

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2015
Troy, Mo
YouTube
My friend whos part of dropbacktv, has automatically been moved to "freedom" network, normally on his channel settings i would say "dropbacktv powered by freedom network", not it just says "freedom"

i guess their changing it around
thats good might be what they are going to do just moving everyone over to "freedom" and phase out the subnetworks just a guess on my part

Upvote 0

DropbackTV

Rising User
Oct 24, 2014
Winter Park, FL
Dropback.tv
YouTube
Hello,

We have zero knowledge of where Freedom! stands with sub-networks including us. Please note that we will work with Freedom! and YouTube to try to find a solution for our partners in order to keep them. As one of the top Freedom! networks, we hopefully will be able to find a solution.

With that being said, please shoot us an email, and we will look into whether or not your are still partnered with us. As far as we know, you are. Legally, we will must be served a shutdown notice by Freedom! before they can take our partners direct and shut us down. New partners are still being on boarded, and from what we can see, all old partners are still there.

Nic King
DropbackTV President & CEO

Upvote 0

Gamesolc

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 28, 2016
YouTube
this is true. there is hardly any info and i dont think they know what to do at this point. all we can do is wait it out and see if they come up with something. i would try emailing dropbacktv see whats up just in case to see if it was the youtube policy change.
There is hardly any info but It does say on the policy that they will terminate accounts and reserve the right to alter the policy at any time
"Subnetworks are not permitted, and accounts that violate this policy will be subject to penalties. YouTube reserves the right to modify this policy at any point in time."

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7020428?hl=en

Upvote 0

Game Over 2

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2015
Troy, Mo
YouTube
There is hardly any info but It does say on the policy that they will terminate accounts and reserve the right to alter the policy at any time
"Subnetworks are not permitted, and accounts that violate this policy will be subject to penalties. YouTube reserves the right to modify this policy at any point in time."
thats what im afraid of i put a lot of work into my channel and i dont want it to be terminated due to being apart of a subnetwork

Upvote 0

gridcoregraphics

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
Lol, but in my case, im not part of freedom network either, its like iv been kicked off freedom? im not sure, il wait about a day or 2 to see whats going on

Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
If you are in a sub-network that is being shut down your channel should be transferred over to Freedom. Did you accept the terms and conditions for the youtube partner program (YPP), if not that may have been the reason you were kicked. I'd suggest contact support and they should be able to get you back in or see what's going on.

Even if you get kicked form Freedom all the money you have made will stay and be paid out as usual.

Upvote 0

gridcoregraphics

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
If you are in a sub-network that is being shut down your channel should be transferred over to Freedom. Did you accept the terms and conditions for the youtube partner program (YPP), if not that may have been the reason you were kicked. I'd suggest contact support and they should be able to get you back in or see what's going on.

Even if you get kicked form Freedom all the money you have made will stay and be paid out as usual.

ooh ok, the terms and conditions for the YPP. where actually did we need to accept this?

I requested a support ticket yesterday but no reply at the moment

Upvote 0

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Lol, You mean the "learn more.." button? yes of course i did that when i got signed up with dropbacktv...

I don't know why its taking so long to fix this

Not the learn more button, there should have been a pop up request on your Youtube to accept the YPP. People who haven't accepted that get their monetisation turned off by youtube and kicked from the network.

Upvote 0

gridcoregraphics

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
Not the learn more button, there should have been a pop up request on your Youtube to accept the YPP. People who haven't accepted that get their monetisation turned off by youtube and kicked from the network.

Thats weird, since it still says on the dashboard, im part of dropbacktv/freedom but not on youtube...

anyways... what do i do now to fix this problem? because im sure i accepted everything when i was signing up...

I'm not the only user with the problem, check out: https://freedom.community.tm/threads/automatically-disconnected-from-freedom.200898/#post-903955

Upvote 0

gridcoregraphics

Rising User
Jun 7, 2016
Yes I have noticed quite a few others, for now contract support are request to join back in and I'll also ask around and see what's going on.

I'm back with freedom! network, i commented on one of george's videos, explaining my problem, he replied and invited me back into freedom :)

THANKS GEORGE xD

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.