Network Chat moderator.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I agree with you Nolan, not only insults but self promotion can be spammed like crazy at times.
There was one person who got a one hour ban for spam and sub4sub promotion, I'm pretty sure another one was kicked from the forum entirely after spamming the same video link 6 or 7 times.

Reactions: riganthor

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
There was one person who got a one hour ban for spam and sub4sub promotion, I'm pretty sure another one was kicked from the forum entirely after spamming the same video link 6 or 7 times.
I had one spamming has channle link like 10 times and because there was no mod he just kept on doing it. He only stopped because he had to leave

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I had one spamming has channle link like 10 times and because there was no mod he just kept on doing it. He only stopped because he had to leave
I find it is best to humor them. Those who spend their time trying to promote themselves spend less time on making videos. It's a negative feedback loop that'll destroy their channel.

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
I 100% agree, many a times I have struggled to keep the peace in the chat between various members and most of the time reporting really does nothing at all. I think it's a good time to introduce chat mods that can start enforcing rules. And I mean literally just chat mods only. They monitor only the chat.

Machi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 13, 2015
YouTube
I agree, we need someone who can do something. We just CAN'T talk with people who ask for subscribers, they don't even listen! They don't even care about us! No "hello" "please" "thank you" just a link... That's sad

It ruins the mood of everybody ù__ù

russd3x

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2015
Europe
YouTube
I agree, we need someone who can do something. We just CAN'T talk with people who ask for subscribers, they don't even listen! They don't even care about us! No "hello" "please" "thank you" just a link... That's sad

Too true there. Really agitates me. fortunately I have only had to witness one argument that wouldn't split.

Insanity Promotions

Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
YouTube

+1
Totally agree with you.

Reactions: FantasyDrop

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
i think it should be a 1 day ban from the site - then if they do it again 1 week then 1 month then 1 year

if it is very bad or hurtful maybe go with the 1 week or 1 month straight away (until it can be resovled if possible) and their should be a list of suspended members with their youtube channel name (if known) and made clear that if anyone promotes theses channels or people while serving a ban
(eg: same person on new account) , will be warned an a second time will get them handed a suspension as well

i'd love to help monitor the chat but, sadly would not have time enough to be effective at it myself

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm going to add that I think this should just give the privilege to remove links from the chat and slap a warning/ban if necessary. I think potential harassment should be handled by higher authority instead of on the fly.
Since meaning of a text can be completely misread, links are clear as day.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Thanks for the suggestions. Currently it is impossible to have someone on 100% of the time due to our moderators schedules etc. I can assure you though that every single report that is submitted in the chat box is looked at and acted on.

So please continue to report those that are being rude or advertising or doing anything else against the rules. It does make a difference and eventually we will thin their numbers to the point where there is a lot less spam.

Each is done case by case so worse offences have stricter punishments etc.