Best screen recording for pc?

MafiaMonkey

Rising User
Mar 7, 2016
England!
YouTube
I personally use Action! because it is efficient, allows you to do anything you want and it has low CPU usage so there's nearly no difference to gameplay.

~MafiaMonkey

Nohney

Rising User
Mar 7, 2016
YouTube
I tend to use both OBS and Fraps. Nice thing about OBS is it's free. Fraps ran me $30 a few years back. I've also heard Shadowplay is also fantastic, but haven't really dug into it. So I can't voice an opinion on it.

RogueMonkeyJr. Gaming

Rising User
Mar 2, 2016
Canada
YouTube
I use DXtory, great for being able to have multiple audio lines if you're playing with friends and don't want all the sounds to be in one sound file. I also use Elgato HD60 Pro for streaming and capturing solo gameplay, works really well, quality is amazing and doesn't impact performance.

Cheers!

Terry Smith

Aug 31, 2015
YouTube
OBS has high cpu usage
it all depends on your system. for example..with my 4790K, I can be streaming to twitch while play the game on the SAME pc and only be using around 45-50% cpu utilization. OBS taking up anywhere between 5-10% of that.

try turning down your CPU preset to super fast. that will help a whole lot.

RaezWolf

Rising User
Mar 23, 2016
Texas
twitter.com
YouTube
I use OBS. There are tutorials on how to get 1080 and it's fairly easy to add things like face cams. I used to use a program called Loilo but the video files would corrupt from time to time and it's a pain to record for 1-2 hours and have that time wasted because of a corrupted file. I think Xsplit has a monthly fee? I tried using it once but something I tried to do required a monthly sub.

qdtech

Rising User
Mar 27, 2016
YouTube
i use icecream screen recorder.....its pretty good..its lightweight and easy to use....you can give it a chance!!!