Best screen recording for pc?

The GirlyGamer

Sep 4, 2015
YouTube
My Camtasia screen recording isn't working that well, I need something better. I use the Sony Vegas to edit with so something compatible with that.

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
could you explain this better? the screen doesnt have anything to do with what software you are using.

are you having an issue with resolution possibly?

The GirlyGamer

Sep 4, 2015
YouTube
Well I just want to record gameplay on my pc. To be honest I was thinking OBS. Just something to record the screen then I can put into an editing software to edit and upload.

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
i use OBS every day for screen capture. its very good at it and very user friendly. cant beat free either.

Last edited:

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Yeah Dxtory is great but takes a lot of setting up and knowing what your doing. For more simplistic recording action looks quite good but I'm not entirely sure.

Reactions: dandruff
My Camtasia screen recording isn't working that well, I need something better. I use the Sony Vegas to edit with so something compatible with that.
what gfx card do you have? If you are able, u should use shadowplay that comes with nvidia geforce experience.. but u have to have i think a 600 or 700 series up... its amazing tho... works really well.. u can record games that u play, OR record your desktop as well.

if not.. give OBS a go... works really well.. was hard for me to set up to get it working right...

but.. about shadowplay.. its worth upgrading the GPU in order to be able to even use it.. cause u can set it up to where 20 mins of gameplay.. at any point u can hit a key and it will save the last 20 mins of gameplay... or 5 mins. whatever u set it to... that way u dont have to constantly record... lets say u have something amazing happen, but your not recording.... NO PROBLEM.. hit the HOTKEY and it will save the LAST 20 MINS OF FOOTAGE

yea.... its awesome

Reactions: dandruff