Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Izaak.L

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2015
York, Pennsylvania
literallylowd
Here is a quick simple list of tips for new people to YouTube and even those who have been on for a while. I ask that if anyone has extra tips please do send me a message and I will add it right away with a credit to you if legitament.

-Starting Anew-
When starting a new channel, don't beg big channels for help and or support, this makes your channel look bad and can ruin future opportunities."I heavily recommend that anyone starting a new channel do what makes them happy, not what makes them get views. I created videos designed to go viral for ages and quickly realized it didn't make me happy. Once I started making content for me I found I was still successful and happy because I was making good content that I loved. Its very important to clarify that one does not need 23 thousand dollars worth of equipment like me to be successful. When I started I used a $200 laptop, a $10 mic, and a crap camera that was equivalent to RL Minecraft. Quality is important but don't feel the need to go all out." (BecomeAPrime)

-Collaborations-
Collaborations aren't always best, but sometimes they can be. If you feel collaborations are best for your channel find a channel around your size or smaller that "Melds" well with you. If you can't meld, it is best if you don't collaborate with them. "If you enjoy what your doing others will to."(BecomeAPrime)

-Art/Graphics-
A logo and channel art are good things to look into making or getting. Freedom has a forums area just for that, it can be found HERE. Sometimes this method is the best if your not set on what you are, who you are and what you want to be. another method offered by BecomeAPrime is below.
" I highly recommend people to hire trusted design professionals with a good track record. Ways to identify a good designer include asking them tons of questions about design. A good designer will always have reasoning for everything they do, they will understand and explain elements of design and why they did something, self taught designers can be good but I always suggest looking for someone with at the least a high school art background. College Students, and YouTube Certified Experts are usually great picks. Its important to remember that branding will define you and the artist generally knows more about how to brand you than you do if you give them a good description. 90% of the time people charging more usually have a better background and skill set but always do research. If they cost $10 they are only usually worth $10... keep that in mind."
(BecomeAPrime)

-Grow and Learn-
You will find that talking in your MCNs Forums and talking to people on YouTube comments, wither they are viewers or content creators can teach you a lot of things. Freedoms Forums are a great place to start and if you're reading this it means you have already taken this step, Good Job! To connections you make through Freedom Forums and or YouTube can be beneficial to you in the future as well.
Be sure on forums to post in the right area and to read the rules of the forums!

-Quality Over Quantity -
Schedules for uploading are okay, but first make sure the quality of the video is above the quantity. No matter how many videos you put out, if the video is bad no one will watch it. If the video is really good and you upload once a week, you will have viewers who come back again and again to see what you've made.

Tips:

-Recording-
*When recording, be sure that your voice, if your doing commentary is not drowned out by background music or other audios.

*If you have a cam, be sure to have the lighting infront of you and pointing at you, Try to avoid having a window behind you. Also be sure that the camera is in a direction so it looks like you are looking at your camera, it helps to touch base and connect better with viewers
"Don’t wash your face out with too much light. I generally recommend lighting from the side over lighting directly from the front as it creates a sense of depth with shadows. Depending on your camera you’ll want to set it properly for each recording." (BecomeAPrime)

-Editing-
Rule of editing, "If you would not enjoy watching the video your self, don't post it."
That is a basic rule of editing videos and posting. Also effects and small cut in videos/photos are good for keep viewers enticed depending on your videos. In the end too much of anything is bad. Try to keep it to a moderate level and watch it all, "Do the images and effects make sense?" or "Do they really make it better?"

"Jump cuts are a great tool in film making and require nothing more than a simple editing software, Color grading is important to defining a mood of your content through a visual method."(BecomeAPrime)

Big thanks to the following people.
Zonda - Owner of First Order Entertainment
BecomeAPrime - YouTube Certified in Audience Growth | CCO at OptimizeMCN