Status
Not open for further replies.

EnderCat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 7, 2016
Hey everyone sorry if this is a stupid question but how can I verify my youtube channel?
hope you guys can help and thanks in advance!

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Hey everyone sorry if this is a stupid question but how can I verify my youtube channel?
hope you guys can help and thanks in advance!
Verify it for what exactly? Im a little unsure to what you mean as im assuming you obviously have a running channel already as your a member of freedom.

Upvote 0

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Here is our (Freedom's) take on getting the verified tick for YouTube channels :-
Per their FAQ, YouTube doesn't generally accept name verification requests from channels directly. As your MCN, we can apply on your behalf if there is strong evidence the channel is official and owned by you, and meets AT LEAST the following requirements:
  • No copyright content (channels found with this will be unlinked immediately)
  • No spam (content)
  • No content ID issues (we can see this, so don't try getting around it)
  • Public videos (if your videos are on private, we are unable to start the verification process)
  • Has a big audience (100,000 subscribers or more)

Upvote 0

Raymond Rahner

Rising User
Sep 26, 2015
Las Vegas
threesixteenfilms.com
YouTube
Here is our (Freedom's) take on getting the verified tick for YouTube channels :-
Per their FAQ, YouTube doesn't generally accept name verification requests from channels directly. As your MCN, we can apply on your behalf if there is strong evidence the channel is official and owned by you, and meets AT LEAST the following requirements:
  • No copyright content (channels found with this will be unlinked immediately)
  • No spam (content)
  • No content ID issues (we can see this, so don't try getting around it)
  • Public videos (if your videos are on private, we are unable to start the verification process)
  • Has a big audience (100,000 subscribers or more)
This is what youtube says:

- https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3046484 -
Once your channel gets 100,000 subscribers, you’re eligible to submit a request to YouTube for a verification badge. Note that we've made changes to this process over time, so you may see many types of channels with verification badges on YouTube.
Note: If you’re an advertiser interested in a verification badge, contact your sales manager to learn more.

Now I have see some channels that have the verification check at 800 subs and up. To get this, you have to go through your network or your youtube manager.

Now the real question is: Will freedom help its partners become verified by request? You will have to contact them for that one :) If they can't (or won't help) maybe you should switch to another network that willing to help.

I'm trying to get verified myself on youtube and on twitter. Haven't found much. It seems that you have to have a manager of some sort that has connections with people at support.

Maybe this vid will help some people:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Not true (about the sub count). This is what youtube says:

- https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3046484 -
Once your channel gets 100,000 subscribers, you’re eligible to submit a request to YouTube for a verification badge. Note that we've made changes to this process over time, so you may see many types of channels with verification badges on YouTube.
Note: If you’re an advertiser interested in a verification badge, contact your sales manager to learn more.

Now I have see some channels that have the verification check at 800 subs and up. To get this, you have to go through your network or your youtube manager.

Now the real question is: Will freedom help its partners become verified by request? You will have to contact them for that one :)

I'm trying to get verified myself on youtube and on twitter. Haven't found much. It seems that you have to have a manager of some sort that has connections with people at support.

Maybe this vid will help some people:

Please note that in my original post I did make clear that this is Freedoms take on getting the verified tick - as I assumed you were on about getting verified for your personal channel and not relating to being a advertiser. You should also not that if you are an advertiser then to contact your 'sales manager' as Freedom isn't a sales manager then they would only pass on verification requests once you have hit the 100,000 subscriber guideline. So to answer your question Yes Freedom will help partners with a verification by request though not until they hit the recommended guidelines for personal channels - I will also open up this for discussion in the next staff meeting to see if we can get clarification on the "advertiser" portion of it, and will respond to you once I have a definitive answer

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.