Request Feedback on editing job

Oversoul

Rising User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
I would really like to know what you guys think of the editing of this video. Specifically how well it synchronizes with the music. Anything really stand out? Anything could be improved upon? please let me know.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
The cuts to music were pretty much on the dot, however what I felt let it down for me is not knowing the names of some of the games, a small bit of text near the bottom right or left would've improved it for me personally. A couple of other nitpicky things, the music isn't credited by the song title or artist, there was no coverage (that I could spot) of any indie or upcoming smaller games, the only ones I spotted were ones shown at conferences of larger companies (apologies if I'm wrong, I can't say I've been watching E3 too much this year myself).​

Reactions: Oversoul

Oversoul

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
The cuts to music were pretty much on the dot, however what I felt let it down for me is not knowing the names of some of the games, a small bit of text near the bottom right or left would've improved it for me personally. A couple of other nitpicky things, the music isn't credited by the song title or artist, there was no coverage (that I could spot) of any indie or upcoming smaller games, the only ones I spotted were ones shown at conferences of larger companies (apologies if I'm wrong, I can't say I've been watching E3 too much this year myself).​

That's completely fair. There is a list of games with time-stamps int the comments. I thought about putting the titles in but figured some of the clips go by too fast to read them and they would distract from the music. All of the footage was taken directly from the press conferences but there were a few indies including Sea of Solitude, Unravel Two, Tunic, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, ect. they may be published by big companies but they are developed by indie devs. They show of indies at the press conferences now.

The music is from Epidemic Sound which I mentioned in the description but forgot to credit the artist so thanks for pointing that out I'm gonna bix it.

Thank you for the honest feedback :)

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
That's completely fair. There is a list of games with time-stamps int the comments. I thought about putting the titles in but figured some of the clips go by too fast to read them and they would distract from the music. All of the footage was taken directly from the press conferences but there were a few indies including Sea of Solitude, Unravel Two, Tunic, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, ect. they may be published by big companies but they are developed by indie devs. They show of indies at the press conferences now.

The music is from Epidemic Sound which I mentioned in the description but forgot to credit the artist so thanks for pointing that out I'm gonna bix it.

Thank you for the honest feedback :)

Yea, I was thinking more of the indie's not show by a large publisher. Though it may be harder to find them I must admit.

KnightHunter Studios

Creating films since 2011
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
As a group who edits on a daily basis, let us tell you that the editing is incredibly sharp and accurate. Precise editing is the best editing, especially when it comes down to editing to the beat/tempo of music. Overall, a really good montage! We've given it a thumbs up!

Reactions: Oversoul

Oversoul

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
As a group who edits on a daily basis, let us tell you that the editing is incredibly sharp and accurate. Precise editing is the best editing, especially when it comes down to editing to the beat/tempo of music. Overall, a really good montage! We've given it a thumbs up!

Thank you so much, if you enjoyed that you may enjoy some of my other music videos. Maybe not the earlier ones as I wasn't as good at editing back then but some of the more recent ones like the Resident Evil 7 music video for example I think you would be really impressed with :)