1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Remember to give a review before requesting your own!

Request Feedback on editing job

Discussion in 'Community Reviews' started by Oversoul, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Oversoul

Oversoul Rising User Verified Freedom! Partner Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    I would really like to know what you guys think of the editing of this video. Specifically how well it synchronizes with the music. Anything really stand out? Anything could be improved upon? please let me know.

2. Dev_J

Dev_J "You don't know me...but you will" Sectional Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member Event Winner 2017

Forum Posts:
    The cuts to music were pretty much on the dot, however what I felt let it down for me is not knowing the names of some of the games, a small bit of text near the bottom right or left would've improved it for me personally. A couple of other nitpicky things, the music isn't credited by the song title or artist, there was no coverage (that I could spot) of any indie or upcoming smaller games, the only ones I spotted were ones shown at conferences of larger companies (apologies if I'm wrong, I can't say I've been watching E3 too much this year myself). ​

Oversoul likes this.
  3. Oversoul

Oversoul Rising User Verified Freedom! Partner Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:

That's completely fair. There is a list of games with time-stamps int the comments. I thought about putting the titles in but figured some of the clips go by too fast to read them and they would distract from the music. All of the footage was taken directly from the press conferences but there were a few indies including Sea of Solitude, Unravel Two, Tunic, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, ect. they may be published by big companies but they are developed by indie devs. They show of indies at the press conferences now.

The music is from Epidemic Sound which I mentioned in the description but forgot to credit the artist so thanks for pointing that out I'm gonna bix it.

Thank you for the honest feedback :)

4. Dev_J

Dev_J "You don't know me...but you will" Sectional Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member Event Winner 2017

Forum Posts:
    Yea, I was thinking more of the indie's not show by a large publisher. Though it may be harder to find them I must admit.