YouTube YouTube's Monetization Rule 2018! dont panic

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So I got an email today from YouTube, and im sure a lot of you here also got an email or heard it from freedom via twitter or Facebook. Explaining about some new rules concerning partners and Monetization.

Now we all know about the previous rule installment, that content creators need at least 10K total views a month in order to be accepted for Monetization. This rule is still being included in YouTube new policy for content creators, so dont think this rule is being replaced by the new one.

Here are the new additional rules YouTube have put in place;
- Minimum of 1000 subscribers
- 4000 Watch time minutes in the past 12 months.
*These changes will take place on Feb 20th next month.

A lot of people partnered with Freedom or any other Network that doesn't meet these requirements, shouldnt panic too much, if your with Freedom they are still offering support and advice for creators, so dont think Freedom will abandon you, you can still use the forums and some of the tools freedom provides, speak to the community, collab, share ideas, work together etc...

In a way Im still going to work hard myself and continue to make videos, improve on them as I know one day I will reach the recommended requirements needed, but until that time arrives I will still be part of freedom, working on videos, collab's etc...
Regardless of being unlinked a true family stays together :D

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
I still can use the scheduel and costume thumbnails...so

No one lost access to that. People were just panicking and making up stuff for no reason.

There was another thread somewhere where I debunked that well before everyone got removed from the program.

I had brought it up with a friend believing it to be true as well and he found a youtube help page that showed it wasn't going to happen that way.

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
No one lost access to that. People were just panicking and making up stuff for no reason.

There was another thread somewhere where I debunked that well before everyone got removed from the program.

I had brought it up with a friend believing it to be true as well and he found a youtube help page that showed it wasn't going to happen that way.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if that happened or not xD
but turns out that it never did....one las thing you might know or not...will we get terminated in 1 year if we don't follow the 1k/4k rule?

TheRAMPAGE

Well-Known User
Apr 20, 2014
YouTube
TheRAMPAGE572
I don't mind the change, I wasn't getting much at all from YouTube ad rev so if that's what you're worried about then don't be. Just focus on what you want to present on the platform... you'll hopefully grow :)