YouTube YouTube's Monetization Rule 2018! dont panic

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
So I got an email today from YouTube, and im sure a lot of you here also got an email or heard it from freedom via twitter or Facebook. Explaining about some new rules concerning partners and Monetization.

Now we all know about the previous rule installment, that content creators need at least 10K total views a month in order to be accepted for Monetization. This rule is still being included in YouTube new policy for content creators, so dont think this rule is being replaced by the new one.

Here are the new additional rules YouTube have put in place;
- Minimum of 1000 subscribers
- 4000 Watch time minutes in the past 12 months.
*These changes will take place on Feb 20th next month.

A lot of people partnered with Freedom or any other Network that doesn't meet these requirements, shouldnt panic too much, if your with Freedom they are still offering support and advice for creators, so dont think Freedom will abandon you, you can still use the forums and some of the tools freedom provides, speak to the community, collab, share ideas, work together etc...

In a way Im still going to work hard myself and continue to make videos, improve on them as I know one day I will reach the recommended requirements needed, but until that time arrives I will still be part of freedom, working on videos, collab's etc...

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ultimately its just another thing for creators to work towards, and another ill fated decision made by YouTube

Agus Theo

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 2, 2017
Indonesia
YouTube
I agree,
I'm not worried about the new rules, I just make my video content to be more qualified and will fulfill that requirement by itself.

Cattigan619

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2017
Ireland
YouTube
Cattigan619
Personally I don't care about the money side of it. The one thing i'm worried about is no longer using the end screen features and scheduling my uploads(which took a lot of pressure off me when getting videos up on time)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Personally I don't care about the money side of it. The one thing i'm worried about is no longer using the end screen features and scheduling my uploads(which took a lot of pressure off me when getting videos up on time)

As far as I know those features will still remain you will just lose monetization on the videos

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member

We still be able to use those features, we wont be able to Monetise thats all, we still keep End cards, screens and still be able to schedule uploads, that feature was never exclusive to partners to being with, the same for the other ones.

Rockstars 1815

Rising User
Jan 4, 2018
YouTube
Technically speaking one must get 4000 hours in one month, meaning that in a single month you would need roughly around 333.33 hours of watch time which translates to around 11.11 hours of watch time every single day, for 12 months together to reach the new YPP rules.
So you must be getting 11.11 hours a day which I dont think is humanely possible, all thanks to YouTube and it's filthy decisions.

AFRO ANTHONY

New User
Jan 21, 2018
YouTube
I agree I’m still gon grind hard tho knowing I will make it there some day. I also think I can help with something you can stream it can get your time there a lot faster if you do a 3hour stream with 1 viewer you have 3hours watched vs a 10min video with 6 views and 1 hour watched hopefully that tip helped you guys should check out my channel and post on the introduce yourself forum

Gamerholic Channel

Rising User
Jan 20, 2018
YouTube
Low subscription and high view count indicates interest in videos of a channel. High subscription count isn't necessarily an indicator of quality content. Look at wildly popular Pewdiepie's channel size despite having mediocre or even substandard gameplay quality. Some of these prima donnas are controversial. It's a fallacy that advertisers seek controversy. The advertisers don't want to be associated with overtly negative content even if it occurs once on a blue moon which was the case with Logan Paul. But hey, videos on YouTube are not as important as celeb status. Celebs like Logan supposedly guarantee viewers. Twitter doesn't have monetised tweets but does fine collecting global celebs. Sadly, advertisers have a smaller pool to whom they can serve ads. Good luck serving ads to Logan Paul and then putting up with furious backlash from time to time.

Last edited:

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I never knew scheduling videos even required you to be partnered... interesting. Thanks for the news.
That is actually not the case. The YouTube Partner Program, as far as I've seen is only for earning ad rev. Nothing else will be affected, like, at all. Trust me, I was making videos for almost a year before I started monetizing my videos, and I was able to use the other features back then.

Reactions: Jobless Music