YouTube Removes Views

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Heyo everyone.
Would like to bring this disgussion on board.

Because i have noticed that youtube remove views from smaller channels.
And i just saw it for myself aswell.

Yesterday my channel were close to 14.000 views and today youtube removed a bit over 13.000 of them.
I would like to hear your opinions on how it could be and if it is fair that youtube target channels like that.

Best Regards
Joa

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
YouTube continuously monitors views and pretty much every channel on YouTube loses views from time to time. Even the biggest lose some too. It is nothing to worry about and happens all the time.

YouTube do not target channels, all views are monitored and all views are subject to being removed, nothing to do with an individual channel.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
@Fourth Wall Games oh ofcourse i am not worrying about it :)
To be honest i don't care if i lose views, youtube is meant to be a funny side project i do in my life.
So if i gain, lose or get stuck with the stats, it does not really matter :D

I just started this so we had something to disguss in generel :D

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I dont even look at my stats enough to even know if I lost views or not...
Im generally not very happy when I look at the numbers cause my channel has slowed down alot. So I just dont bother.
I dont need the dissapointment in my brain. Theres no place for it.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I remember them doing that 'cause sometimes some of the generated views are "fake" or from bots. That happened to me and I did some researching and that's really all I could fine. My views never came back. :(

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Also, just remembered that any view that is under a few seconds initially counts on the view count but will be removed at a later date. I can't remember what the min view time to be legit is but it could be another reason for some of them

lance bell

Rising User
May 13, 2014
Akron Ohio
www.facebook.com
YouTube
I remember them doing that 'cause sometimes some of the generated views are "fake" or from bots. That happened to me and I did some researching and that's really all I could fine. My views never came back. :(

I am going through that right now with a Bot Attack, but It is kind of cool to see all of the Fake views.....

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Heyo everyone.
Would like to bring this disgussion on board.

Because i have noticed that youtube remove views from smaller channels.
And i just saw it for myself aswell.

Yesterday my channel were close to 14.000 views and today youtube removed a bit over 13.000 of them.
I would like to hear your opinions on how it could be and if it is fair that youtube target channels like that.

Best Regards
Joa
It's not "targeting". They're just verifying views and removing unconfirmed ones. Large channels get hit by it too, it's just not as noticeable because of their size.

Reactions: lance bell

Jon Deathsight

Freedom! Member
Oct 28, 2015
YouTube
I have seen a lot of bigger channels complaining about this and they seem to also be losing subs every night at around 7 or 8pm. it seems that youtube has been doing some kind of maintenance around that time