YouTube Red

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
Youtube has seen that Netflix is earning good money by delivering quality content on subscription basis.
Youtube is now thinking it also has the same kind of content as mayor hollywood productions and is willing to split their content provider in the lads you can find with new system and the one you can`t find easily. If you want to get traffic on both you need to subscribe to that service.

I reckon there will be some bad blood on the way.

However, I wonder if they can find enough people to pay for stuff what Netflix has on a bigger scale.

Reactions: Machi

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
I am pretty excited for it to be honest! I have other YouTube friends that can't wait for it to be released as well.
I think it will help creators earn more because of the watch time earning feature. The more you earn, the better content you can put out in the future for your fans. I believe that YouTube Red will be great!

Chris Swann

Pro gamer, voice-cracker, and filmmaker!
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2014
nunya
YouTube
Overall, I feel "meh" about it. No ads on every video? Just get adblock for free. Backround play? When will that ever be useful? I just think that there's already ways to use all of the features that are on YouTube Red for free. If that makes sense.

Danroka

Expert Goof
Freedom! Member
Apr 28, 2015
Texas
YouTube
DanrokaSilver
It may be good and it may be bad. To be honest the smaller channels will get a smaller piece of the pie while we don't even know if that many people will even subscribe either. I think Google will have to get some decent enticing content for people to even contemplate throwing over the 10bux a month fee

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube
YouTube Red is akin to fan-funding in that you receive almost-direct payment from subscribers rather than advertisements. Overall, we should expect to see more money via this than the standard viewer (who likely uses AdBlockers anyway).
It seems to have enticing benefits besides, but it's almost like fan-funding from dedicated viewers. Smaller channels will see little benefit, but as you grow, I imagine you'll see much more profit. If someone pays $10/month but only regularly watches a few channels (including yours), that means you'll get X% of their $10 subscription, which overall amounts to WAY more than the occasional ad would pay.

Tonbull Army

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2016
Whitley Bay
YouTube
I have different views on YouTube Red in some ways it is good as bigger YouTube content creators can work with directors and make more professional videos while on the other hand it takes away a big part of YouTube of being able to watch good videos for free