YouTube Red....

Micavity

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 13, 2014
YouTube
google has stated time after time that the normal youtube we use now isnt going anywhere... youtube red is strictly for ad free....

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
i see google report getting hold up now. i wonder if they running in to problem now? it just take little longer to get info out. i am still cool with that. data from 28 still dont tell me if it going be higher or lower for Nov! what do you think? higher or lower?
it seem like there no money to be made from this month. it is low, only my ads is supporting me.

Last edited:

Tom Klin

Respected User
Jun 25, 2014
YouTube
this is what my network manager told me about YT red:
  • The YouTube Red program made very few changes to the existing monetization terms. The update to the new terms adds a clause related to subscription revenue split between YouTube and content creators. It is the same as the current split for ad revenue - 55/45. It did not modify licensing agreements or cause you to surrender any creative control.

• YouTube Red views will likely generate more earnings than an ad impression. Because of how CPM is calculated, an individual ad view is worth very little, while the subscription fee split will almost always be higher given the average amount of videos most people watch in a given month.

• YouTube Red is not a paywall for your content. Viewers who do not purchase the service will still be able to visit your channel, and will have a similar ad experience to what they do now.

• YouTube Red will not decrease channel earnings. When YouTube Red subscribers view a video, the channel will receive a share of that subscription revenue to make up for the lost ad view. How that money is split between their viewed channels will be based on watch time.