Solved Youtube is destroying my channel... any idea why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmadeusK

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 24, 2016
twitter.com
YouTube
This has happened twice now. They remove THOUSANDSSSSS of views. So instead of me peaking 9000, I'm now peaking 1000.. I don't understand what is causing it. Back on the 9th of September I had also lost around 5500 views..

Attachments

• omfg wtf.png
    omfg wtf.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 12

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
This has happened twice now. They remove THOUSANDSSSSS of views. So instead of me peaking 9000, I'm now peaking 1000.. I don't understand what is causing it. Back on the 9th of September I had also lost around 5500 views..
This mainly happens when youtube verifies your actual views meaning that people who click but leave after a couple seconds are not counted as a view. Happens once in a while....

Upvote 0

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Hi,
YouTube does cleanup a every so often. This is to make sure all your subs and views are REAL PEOPLE. Look at this in a good way because now you know how many of your subscribers are real.

Upvote 0

Pskovanion

Dutch Moderator
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hi @ArmadeusK

You are wondering how it is possible that some videos have 9000 videos on 1 moment, and the next it gets reduced to a mere 1000.

Like others have stated YouTube does a clean up in views every now and then. They do this to ensure that no-one is getting more views in an un-legitimate way to earn more money. If YouTube has serious doubts about the authencity of some views they have the right to remove them. I assume this happened to your channel.
Mind that this doesnt always mean youre viewbotting, but if you refresh your videos a lot it will add some views but they will be removed later.

I hope this answers your question!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.