Solved youtube help needed- recording videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
hi i have been trying to record some mugen (fighting type game) videos for a couple of weeks and i try to record at 30fps and it always drops to about 17fps, help

i have 16gb of ram (which my laptop says 15gb is usable?) so my laptop specs should not be an issues

i have also tried many different programs like fraps, bandicam and dxtory and all have the same problem

i have also tried to record to the laptops hard-drive as well as my 1tb portable one and i also just bought a new 3.0 usb 2tb one as well and no luck

i did read that someone with only 6gb of ram fixed their problem (similar to mine) by splitting their ram 4gb and 2gb but i don't really know what that means or how to do it

please, if you could help that be great

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
hi i have been trying to record some mugen (fighting type game) videos for a couple of weeks and i try to record at 30fps and it always drops to about 17fps, help

i have 16gb of ram (which my laptop says 15gb is usable?) so my laptop specs should not be an issues

i have also tried many different programs like fraps, bandicam and dxtory and all have the same problem

i have also tried to record to the laptops hard-drive as well as my 1tb portable one and i also just bought a new 3.0 usb 2tb one as well and no luck

i did read that someone with only 6gb of ram fixed their problem (similar to mine) by splitting their ram 4gb and 2gb but i don't really know what that means or how to do it

please, if you could help that be great
Like @Fourth Wall Games said ram has nothing to do with fps, only loading times. Your GPU is the greatest determiner of your fps performance. Since you can't upgrade this is most laptops, you'll likely need a new one.

Reactions: Charles Meekins
Upvote 0

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
With a laptop, your FPS while recording will go down greatly because it's a laptop and they really aren't meant for doing a lot of things at once.

Here on my laptop, I was trying to record and play CSGO at the same time and was getting about 13fps and was having to record at 480p in order for it to be remotely smooth and that was at lowest settings possible.

On my desktop, I record on Medium settings and get an average of 30-40 fps and can record at 720p no problem.

What recording software are you using?

Upvote 0

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
With a laptop, your FPS while recording will go down greatly because it's a laptop and they really aren't meant for doing a lot of things at once.

Here on my laptop, I was trying to record and play CSGO at the same time and was getting about 13fps and was having to record at 480p in order for it to be remotely smooth and that was at lowest settings possible.

On my desktop, I record on Medium settings and get an average of 30-40 fps and can record at 720p no problem.

What recording software are you using?
i was using fraps but also tried both dxtory and bandicam

Upvote 0

KrazyK Gaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2015
Southern California
YouTube
i was using fraps but also tried both dxtory and bandicam

I used Fraps in the past, I had the issue of it bringing down my FPS really bad. So I ditched it. I didn't care much for dxtory or bandicam.

I use OBS instead. It's pretty simple to setup and easy to use. You should check it out. Here's the link https://obsproject.com/

Reactions: Charles Meekins
Upvote 0

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
sorry i think it's because it's a group post but here is what it says

Zoostorm dual core full pc setup in great condition and great working order, running windows7, 80gb sata hard drive, 1gb ddr3 ram, Pentium dual core 3.20ghz x 2, dual layer dvd multi high speed rewriter, has Microsoft office, word, excel, powerpoint ect, comes with all leads, Philips monitor, usb optical mouse, usb keyboard, all can be seen working, collection spalding area or i can deliver to wisbech, £45, contact 07985566303

12651254_823924777716671_287608502913234560_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
but i only just bought this new less than 1 year ago! also what do you have then?
Well the laptop you bought is not meant for gaming. Usually, a gaming laptop will cost you at least 1500-2500 dollars.

I built my own computer with an FX 9590 and an R9 290X windforce. I built it with the intent to game and record and edit.

Upvote 0

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
Well the laptop you bought is not meant for gaming. Usually, a gaming laptop will cost you at least 1500-2500 dollars.

I built my own computer with an FX 9590 and an R9 290X windforce. I built it with the intent to game and record and edit.
how much did that cost?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.