Youtube hates me

Amadeus Videos

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
England
YouTube
chrismurray1995
Youtube really hates me, They de-monetised my 4 latest videos even though they comply with all the rules :( I've requested a manual review but won't get that until they reach at least 1,000 views :/

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Youtube really hates me, They de-monetised my 4 latest videos even though they comply with all the rules :( I've requested a manual review but won't get that until they reach at least 1,000 views :/

I mean you could try getting started with your Tags; The issue I was able to tell immediately was your Metadata:

...do I need to keep going?

It's not necessarily YouTube hating you just them wanting to keep advertisements away from anything War or Tragedy-related. You just have to live with it.

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-19_15-43-21.png
    upload_2017-12-19_15-43-21.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 2

Amadeus Videos

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
England
YouTube
chrismurray1995
oh ha I never noticed that, so I can't upload call of duty gameplays or anything like that? or if I do just change my meta and tags?

What about my latest video the recruitment one? there is nothing wrong with that ?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
so I can't upload call of duty gameplays or anything like that?
While YouTube doesn't want to say it and keeps avoiding the question they do hate FPS Videos. Remember it isn't humans but AI flagging your videos to demonetize them.
or if I do just change my meta and tags?
That helps out in more cases than I'd like it to. YouTube basically punishes channels for having accurate Tags and Titles there.
What about my latest video the recruitment one?
Well it has the same tags so that's probably it.

The main mistake YouTube's done there is that they pushed out the AI too soon. Training an AI is a huge amount of work. You need a huge amount of manually reviewed samples (Even more for videos) to even just get started, once having fed them all in you still need to review everything and add Feedback to it for millions of videos. I don't think they did all of those steps in one month and if they did it's still at the level of throwing a coin to see whether or not the video gets ads.

Amadeus Videos

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
England
YouTube
chrismurray1995
While YouTube doesn't want to say it and keeps avoiding the question they do hate FPS Videos. Remember it isn't humans but AI flagging your videos to demonetize them.

That helps out in more cases than I'd like it to. YouTube basically punishes channels for having accurate Tags and Titles there.

Well it has the same tags so that's probably it.

The main mistake YouTube's done there is that they pushed out the AI too soon. Training an AI is a huge amount of work. You need a huge amount of manually reviewed samples (Even more for videos) to even just get started, once having fed them all in you still need to review everything and add Feedback to it for millions of videos. I don't think they did all of those steps in one month and if they did it's still at the level of throwing a coin to see whether or not the video gets ads.
Ah thank you that sucks then I’ll invest money to buy a camera and do different types of videos for future

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
yeah youtube is hunting any video with guns, violence, politics or anything like that. and they dont care bout the content itself, you can be as balancced and as kind as you want but you will be demonotized

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

Games like Call of Duty can't be monetized anymore because of certain ingame emblems and the fact it is about War.

Amadeus Videos

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2016
England
YouTube
chrismurray1995
I have the same with DOOM and Wolfenstein New Order.
1 of my videos has been monetised now ... as i requested a manual review still waiting on 3 more videos to be monetised now[DOUBLEPOST=1513900187][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind everyone, I requested a manual review of all the videos they demonetised .... they have reinstated the monetisation on all the videos so now i can make money from them :d

Last edited:
Reactions: TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
1 of my videos has been monetised now ... as i requested a manual review still waiting on 3 more videos to be monetised now[DOUBLEPOST=1513900187][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind everyone, I requested a manual review of all the videos they demonetised .... they have reinstated the monetisation on all the videos so now i can make money from them :d
Good to hear it is solved then :)

Reactions: Amadeus Videos