British Columbia
YouTube

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I watched Anthony's video. I'm still confused but I think everyone is too.
Pretty much it seems they are banning certain tags from being used. The system seems to target videos with titles descriptions or tags that they deemed unfit for advertisers...

The actual video content doesnt get screened in this process so false identifications are happening where people are losing monetization despite having a good opinion on certain topics...

There is an appeal process but I bet its gonna get bogged down and messy... Probably going to get worse before it gets better...

But if you wanna be safe dont swear or use sensative subjects as you tags and titles...

Should be fine... for now...unless they start screening the captions of every video...

Dezy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Sep 8, 2016
New Orleans
YouTube
d3zydration
Yeah, on the one hand, I understand that YouTube has to appease the advertisers. On the other, the creators are the backbone of YouTube, and they seem to have a severe lack of respect for those creators. It also appears as though some channels are being hit harder than others, and those appear to be the ones with the "wrong opinions". We see this happening in other social media, as well - the favouring of certain opinions over others - which is unfortunate. Even so, YouTube still stands to be the most open platform for sharing your opinion as long as you play your cards right.

Reactions: PrettyKoolCat