YouTube Youtube channel suspended!

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
3 email.JPG Out of no where youtube suspended my account i had for 4 years. claiming I had violated " repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines" i had no strikes or warning before this. I had created all of the content on the channel with non copyright music.
It sates I Had violated "community guidelines"
with this link
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801973?hl=en
Under "artificial traffic spam" it has the description "Anything that artificially increases the number of views, likes, comments, or other metric either through the use of automatic systems or by serving up videos to unsuspecting viewers, is against our terms. Additionally, content that solely exists to incentivize viewers for engagement (views, likes, comments, etc) is prohibited."

The only thing I can think of is that I would pose a question people can answer, does anyone know if that could trigger the suspension?
I had also sent a link to my animation to multiple animation festivals. as a submission so I'm screwed if the account stays suspended meaning they cant view my animation submission and it would be instant rejection from festivals.

EDIT: I had tried appealing but they decided to keep it suspended and gave me the same link to the rules. Mentioning I can't appeal twice. Has anyone gone through the same thing or have any suggestions ? D :

Attachments

• 5 youtube response back.JPG
    5 youtube response back.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
YouTube's back at it again... You can try contacting Freedom! Support, they can talk to someone at YouTube about this and try helping out. Scams and deceptive practices is the default reason so I wouldn't go by that (Some YouTubers have received strikes on inappropriate videos that weren't scams for that reason so my guess is that someone reviewing the flags at YouTube doesn't care about what suspension reason they enter.) I think in your case it was for some of your older videos which (as far as I saw from your promotion section threads) might have had some questionable titles someone at YouTube wasn't too fond of and applied 3 strikes on some videos to take the channel down. You've put a lot of work into your channel from what I've seen so I really hope you can get this resolved...

Last edited:

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Thank you for your advice, but dont freedom only look into cases if the person is a partner with them? D :
Seem really unfair that they dont even pin out the actual issue. Just sounds like an automated system that make the decisions.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Thank you for your advice, but dont freedom only look into cases if the person is a partner with them? D :
Seem really unfair that they dont even pin out the actual issue. Just sounds like an automated system that make the decisions.
As far as I can remember support has helped a ton of people recover their channels, try it...

Oh and for pointing out the issue in detail that's simply because they can't. You don't know how many channels they close every day, if they had to add a detailed explanation for every single one they'd go insane lol
Nope I assume its permanent since when I click on a past link it says my account is terminated. Some other people had complained they had the same email before and unable to access it at all even after a few months have passed :(
Oh and sorry to be Mr. Bad News here but it's permanent, the "suspension" you should get before the account is closed are three strikes. It's a really faulty system as a channel with thousands of videos has a huge chance of having done something wrong in three of those videos to get nuked instantly...

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
As far as I can remember support has helped a ton of people recover their channels, try it...

Oh and for pointing out the issue in detail that's simply because they can't. You don't know how many channels they close every day, if they had to add a detailed explanation for every single one they'd go insane lol

Oh and sorry to be Mr. Bad News here but it's permanent, the "suspension" you should get before the account is closed are three strikes. It's a really faulty system as a channel with thousands of videos has a huge chance of having done something wrong in three of those videos to get nuked instantly...
Even if its through a 3 strike system have no idea what the 3 strikes was they should at least let people view each strrike. unfortunately the appeal fell through apparently I'm not allowed to make another appeal. Looks like my account is permanently terminated D :
clicked on the freedom support have no idea which section to go through o.o

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
clicked on the freedom support have no idea which section to go through o.o
I'd like to go to whoever designed the new section selector thing and give them a lesson in Customer Experience, I hate it with a burning passion
YouTube related -> General YouTube Inquiry should do. Support can shift categories as they see fit. Alternatively send it as an Email and they will manually assign it, I know that tiny ten pixel dropdown can be a pain...

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
I'd like to go to whoever designed the new section selector thing and give them a lesson in Customer Experience, I hate it with a burning passion
YouTube related -> General YouTube Inquiry should do. Support can shift categories as they see fit. Alternatively send it as an Email and they will manually assign it, I know that tiny ten pixel dropdown can be a pain...
Thank you! just sent them an inquiry. Fingers crossed if theres a solution!

Deathlake

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 19, 2017
YouTube
suki42deathlake
Fingers crossed Freedom can help with getting your channel back
Any news?
worked on a suggestion to contract freedom support however they mentioned they cant do anything unless I'm an actual partner.

Watched some other peoples videos where they sent a 2nd appeal and they got their channel back. No idea how they did it because each time I tried to send another appeal you tube sends the generic email " Hello, we have looked into your request and found you have recently sent an appeal. Please wait for the result of your current appeal. If it has already been decided, please refer to that outcome. Note: you cannot appeal a second time". Tried to find a contact email but looks like the appeal is the only way, but it failed : ([DOUBLEPOST=1530846900][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: I Had sent another appeal with a different message, however after 1 min they say they keeping it suspended. No human reads these appeals its all automated!15 automated message appeal 2.JPG

Last edited: