YouTube banner creations

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
I did my best to make something I can be proud of to have as my YouTube banner. Here's the results:

It may not look like it but the last two are different, just adding a red tint to the top and bottom bars in a separate layer. And believe me.. These images had more layers than an onion.

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
More layers than an onion? All i see is a blue background with text up front and some light work in the back.
The background can be done in 2 or 3 layers. when looking at an onion and i didn't count it all but i came past 3 for sure...

Maybe you're not looking into it hard enough ;)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Maybe you're not looking into it hard enough ;)
Hmm depends on how your hard and my hard of the word is in this matter XD

Bad joke, but in all honesty when i use gimp and pick a basic blue background and add some light effect to it i almost get the same result or there are like you say some things i am not seeing. Maybe there is some dust on my glasses :p

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
Hmm depends on how your hard and my hard of the word is in this matter XD

Bad joke, but in all honesty when i use gimp and pick a basic blue background and add some light effect to it i almost get the same result or there are like you say some things i am not seeing. Maybe there is some dust on my glasses :p

Or I use PDN and layers are a lot more fun to use. To get that shade in the middle with the fade alone I used 5 and to get the rest just right I used several more layers. If it's easy for you congratulations I guess, not all of us are a natural talent anyways ;) here's a pat on the back and my finished product

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Or I use PDN and layers are a lot more fun to use. To get that shade in the middle with the fade alone I used 5 and to get the rest just right I used several more layers. If it's easy for you congratulations I guess, not all of us are a natural talent anyways ;) here's a pat on the back and my finished product
Not too sound harsh but when i look at you channel it doesn't fit, the words 'The' and Channel are cut off. Besides that it is a pretty basic banner. If you like it then no offense but with the people nowadays that offer free banners you could obtain so much better then this.

imglitchypoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 28, 2016
YouTube
Not too sound harsh but when i look at you channel it doesn't fit, the words 'The' and Channel are cut off. Besides that it is a pretty basic banner. If you like it then no offense but with the people nowadays that offer free banners you could obtain so much better then this.

If I do that I can't say that I'm self made. I declined offers for twitch teams that "help grow" simply because I want everything that I do to be from myself. I don't like hand outs. It might not be the best with flashy colours to attract people in simply because as I grow as a content creator people would come for my content, not that my stuff looks pretty, but thank you for your words. As for it being cut off I'd just re-crop it, I thought that'd be a pretty basic thing to recommend other then asking for handouts.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
If I do that I can't say that I'm self made. I declined offers for twitch teams that "help grow" simply because I want everything that I do to be from myself. I don't like hand outs. It might not be the best with flashy colours to attract people in simply because as I grow as a content creator people would come for my content, not that my stuff looks pretty, but thank you for your words. As for it being cut off I'd just re-crop it, I thought that'd be a pretty basic thing to recommend other then asking for handouts.
It is always good to have the motivation to do things yourself and i can agree in this matter as all my content, banner and thumbnails are my own without help of others :)

Xellius

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 27, 2015
Germany at Home
YouTube
XelliusLP
looks fine for the first few tryouts
with more practise u can make better headers/banners/thumbnails
just try around with more then 3-5 layers^^ look at youtube there are plenty of tutorials for almost all programms

i do use gimp 2.0 everything exept the banners are made by me^^