Tips & Tricks YouTube advice

SampleNinja

Rising User
May 30, 2016
I dont know if I can consider myself as a "successful" YouTuber but I am still in my first year, since posting my first video, and I am almost at 3k subs and 30-40k views per month. I dont do lets plays but I mostly focus on only 1 game (CoD) The "best" way to gain exposure is by providing unique content. For my game category, I did that multiple times by uploading World Records and all that kind of jazz. In that way I gained a small exposure for my gameplays. Since I knew that I am not going to be good forever, I wanted to move my channel from a "gameplay focused" gaming channel, to a more "personality based" gaming channel So what I did is that I tried to keep the HQ gameplay standards while making commentaries about totally different things. Instead of talking about the gameplay itself, I started talking about news, esports, etc... basically whatever it came to my mind. CoD is an extremely "season-like" game. For the first 6-9 months people like it. Once the next CoD is announced, people lose interest in the current title and, unless you are an extremely big YTber who is able to create momentum from their subs, the channel is "meant" to slow down in terms of subs and views.

TIPS: There are 2 different kind of videos: Videos that will make a ton of views (Top 10, World Records, Glitches, Cheats, Controversial Topics) Videos that, if done appropriately, will bring you a ton of Subs (Just You being yourself and talking about something) These videos needs to be planned ahead. If you know that there is going to be a big Pokemon tournament in the couple of days, you could release a "controversial commentary" on how the competitve side of the game might have ruined your experience, criticizing the main flaw of the system etc etc (I dont know **** about pokemon but I hope you got the message) Once you obtain some momentum from the controversial video cited above, you should release, the day after, a more "personal video" and put the link in the annotation of your previous video.

Maintain a good schedule Uploading everyday might not be the formula for your success (some channels can upload everyday because of their content, others need to learn what kind of subs they have and build a schedule around them. It happened to me this week that while I was uploading each and every single day, I was getting a lot less views and subs that I normally would if I uploaded 3 times a week. WHY? because you burn through your subs :)

and then.. JUST HAVE FUN :D Good Luck peeps :)