YouTube YouTube Ad Boycott?

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
I heard that the YouTube advertisers pulled out all their money because some of their ads appeared on ISIS videos, racist videos, etc. that is offensive or promotes bad things or something.

I have no idea what is happening and is very confused and is YouTube crumbling down without these advertisers? I haven't earned a single cent in a few days but my views is increasing.

Or we have to do "ad-friendly" videos in order to get monetized and earn?

That's where my channel goes out the window because my gaming channel has of gore, violence, cuss words (from me).

My question is, is this YouTube ad boycott extremely affecting YouTubers and how they earn? Will things ever be back to normal?

Thanks for the answer guys! Have a nice day

Purpleoak

Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2017
Alabama
YouTube
willie_nutter
The companies are coming back so it's no biggie. When It comes to a gaming channel it's kinda not as strict. That is in the Youtube policy about the guidelines and all that. The main thing you have to avoid is putting certain words in your title, descriptions, and tags...just do all that and you are fine...oh make sure the thumbnail is up to par, by that I mean no cuss words or stuff like that in it.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
The companies are coming back so it's no biggie. When It comes to a gaming channel it's kinda not as strict. That is in the Youtube policy about the guidelines and all that. The main thing you have to avoid is putting certain words in your title, descriptions, and tags...just do all that and you are fine...oh make sure the thumbnail is up to par, by that I mean no cuss words or stuff like that in it.

Well, I don't put anything offensive in my titles. I guess I'm safe haha. And it's good that the advertisers are coming back.

Thanks Purpleoak!