TrillyGuyCP

Rising User
Feb 3, 2016
Denmark
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Alright hey guys, so recently I've seen a lot of hate towards the forums (or Freedom! in general) in my YouTube "Recommended" Feed (Don't know why)
Therefore, I would like to know your opinion about the Freedom! forums.
Leave your answers below and you might get featured in a video of mine :)

Best Regards,
Andreas "TrillyGuyCP"

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Your recommended feed is based off of videos that you have watched recently, usually in relation to the video you are currently watching. It is likely that you watched at least one video bashing the Freedom! network, and it has continued to haunt you.

The forums are a place for the Freedom! community to congregate and get to know each other. There are many people here who are willing to contribute information to your channel and it's up to you whether or not you use that to help you grow. This forum also has a place where you can semi-openly (restricted access to full members or verified partners) share your videos with the other members of the forum, but as much as people like to share their own stuff, people also don't like to watch other people's stuff.

We have an active and more initiated "community reviews" section dedicated to and only usable by verified Freedom! partners. People are more willing to view channels and tell you what you're doing wrong, but it is best used if you're willing to hand some reviews to other people as well. "Posting Karma" I think it was called at one point.

However, there is a bit of a dark side. There are sometimes clashes of opinions on these forums, most of them end in resolve, others end in distaste in the simple existence of both members. I recently made an enemy out of a forum member (who will remain unnamed) for properly reporting him to moderation. I choose not to make an enemies with him and just ignore him. That brings me onto the rules of the forum.

One of the things that many find unfair is the rather restrictive rules. While they can be rather limiting to the new member, it is very important to do what is right and report those who violate the forum policy. Once you get proper status and understand where to post, you'll come to understand that we have these rules in place as part of an effort to keep the forums a clean and tidy place for all people to come into. Our chat is also a nice place for some to meet up. Although this is where the most of the clashes and shameless advertising happens, it is generally a good place to be when you want to make friends and colleagues out of the strangers that all have one thing in common with you, a YouTube channel.

In review
Pros:
-Generally nice community
-Great place to get tips and tricks
-Reasonably clean and orderly forum.
-Reasonable rules to follow.
-Generally orderly community.

Cons:
-Clashes of opinion < some distasteful guests.
-Intermittent spam bots.
-Ignored posts in content section.
-Seems restrictive in the beginning.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Most of the time these videos are from previous Freedom members that have broken the rules. If someone is unhappy with the Network then can just leave. It's not like there is a yearly contract or anything.

I know one of the most popular "I hate freedom videos" is from ThezRhino where he was contacting users selling a certain amount of subs/views for different prices. This was found out by Youtube and they terminated his channel. Freedom didn't pay his money that month because the transaction details were lost when Youtube removed his channel. Be like working for a bank robbing it, then asking for a paycheck at the end of the month :D

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Most of the time these videos are from previous Freedom members that have broken the rules. If someone is unhappy with the Network then can just leave. It's not like there is a yearly contract or anything.

I know one of the most popular "I hate freedom videos" is from ThezRhino where he was contacting users selling a certain amount of subs/views for different prices. This was found out by Youtube and they terminated his channel. Freedom didn't pay his money that month because the transaction details were lost when Youtube removed his channel. Be like working for a bank robbing it, then asking for a paycheck at the end of the month :D
A video like that is the modern form of hate-mail.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Pros:
It's a nice and vast forum
There's a lot of nice people in here that have helped my channel
If I ever have a question, this forum is my #1 place to go

Cons:
Most of the people on here are just here to get subs and views
When I want to do a collab with some people they deny because I dont have "enough subs" and I think the reason for this is they just want to get subs off me

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Alright hey guys, so recently I've seen a lot of hate towards the forums (or Freedom! in general) in my YouTube "Recommended" Feed (Don't know why)

Best Regards,
Andreas "TrillyGuyCP"
People tend to get on the spammy side, it's easier to tell what members are doing this for the publicity, or for the money. I love finding people that are focused on having a blast, and meeting others in the process. I rather see someone ask for help in the collaboration forum, instead of asking for subs in their introduction post.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hmm opinion about the forums.

Pros:
- Social community
- Tips & Tricks on improving.
- Active on helping each other be it with feedback, intro's, Artwork.

Cons:
- Those who only advertise
- Spam reactions on thread for example those who ask to check out their channel on a introduction post and such.
- The Sub 4 Sub Threads or questions.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Beyond the obvious Pandering that I see 'Go to my youtube channel and subscribe'.. and even some that are just commenting to get their signature 'GROW SUBS BY LOOKING AT MY CHANNEL'.. I don't really have any issues on the forum yet.. Well @fattmat is cooler then me ;(

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
It bothered me as a mod and it bothers me now, but the whole people don't read the rules and post threads wherever they want, whenever they want. It only takes a few minutes to understand it!

I like the Freedom! community of those who post regularly! :)
It's fun to get long exposure to like-minded fellows.

hzap360

New User
Mar 25, 2016

Best Regards,
Andreas "TrillyGuyCP"
how do you leave this network?

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
Yeah enmo sorry I apparently posted a thread in the wrong section and I think you're talking about me, thing is I had two sections of the forums open in different tabs and saw the same topic on one so when I posted the thread I though I was posting it on the same one as the other, again sorry about that :/