Your opening to your video

NerdtasticHD

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
Hey, I am just wondering on how you guys start your video's, post links and show, is it the same every time or do you mix it up every time? share your start hopefully it will help others because the opening of a video is most probably the hardest thing to do.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I feel like you want your opening to generally be the same. If not, you want something exciting to entice your audience to watch. It all also depends on what kind of content you make. I generally introduce myself at the beginning: "hey, what's up?! Goped Fred here," etc. I feel like it's a good chance to establish yourself and your video.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey, I am just wondering on how you guys start your video's, post links and show, is it the same every time or do you mix it up every time? share your start hopefully it will help others because the opening of a video is most probably the hardest thing to do.
I feel like the easiest way to start off for me, is talking a few minutes beforehand, and when I feel ready, I'll hit record. When I start, I get pumped and I tell people what the plan for today is, because I love setting the scene ^^ I use some intro music so add some hype too.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I usually have something set at the beginning of my videos. I'm trying to mix things up a little bit, but mine's just a 3 second intro with my name and then it goes into "Hey everyone, my name is Enmoshin..." and we go from there. I've been trying to come up with something new for a while now, but finding inspiration is difficult.

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I used to have an intro where i animated a picture of myself to talk like Terrance and Phillip... said "hey you guys, Im a canadian youtuber, eh" I got bored of it after a while though...