You ever just feel burnt out?

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
So last year I averaged about 2-3 videos a week which is what I wanted. Over the summer I was able to get 3 a week and then in the month of December I had saved up enough videos to have one for every single day of the month. It all worked great and I got more views and more experience in the field of youtubing.....if that is a word.
Recently I started making music using FL Studio. As time went on I have been using it more and more and trying to make music almost every day in my free time. A few weeks ago I got a DJ software and now I'm really in to mixing music and a friend is letting me DJ some of his wedding so it makes me want to master the craft even more. So now I'm just burnt out from playing games and I really want to do music.
I have a feeling this is just one of those times where I'm in the mood to do something for a certain amount of time and then it blows off and I want to do something else again. Luckily I got a capture card and I have a few games where I can just record a quick session and get a video or 2 out of it but thats really it. I do put songs on my music channel but it can take a lot of time to get a song right and have it sound good before you release it. I usually wait 2-4 weeks before releasing another song.
I love being able to game and have a small amount of people watch me but I am just so burnt out. Do you guys ever feel like it?

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I've definitely felt burnt out at various points since I started YT. My last one, I took a 6 months break, just because I was burnt out and life also just kind of got in the way. But it comes back, and I'm happy to be recording again with more momentum than before!

Sometimes it's good to take a break. People get tired out and it's totally understandable! :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I think we all have thise times where we just need a break. I took a break for 6 months last year. I just didn't know what to record. Didn't feel the need the game and had no inspiration. Then after a while i started doing a variety of games and found a way to deliver daily content but now due to work i'm finding the struggle again if i can keep this up...

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
It happens, and I've had multiple occasions when I've been dealing with a burnout. So it is perfectly understandable, and no doubt the viewers/subs would understand! :)

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
Well your certainly better than I was at handling it man. I quit whet that happened XD

I recommend taking a couple days off during the weekend. Go out with your friends. Go to a party or something. Have some fun. Then come back on the Monday with a fresh mind full of ideas. Maybe have a brainstorming sesh. There's nothing better than when you come up with a great idea for a new video and you just can't wait to go and produce it.

Reactions: Thunderbolt

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Yes, getting burnt out can be a big problem at times. I think the only thing worse then getting burnt out is starting a series that you are getting bored with or don't feel like continuing. I am being more selective of the games I play now to try and prevent that from happening.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
I guess I was feeling burnt out as well. Last week, I had to upload videos and study for my Mid Term Exams. So, I had to split my time doing both and I somehow managed to do so. But over the weekends until yesterday, I was feeling very tired as heck. I don't even want to upload anything so I give myself a break.

Thunderbolt

Electronic Musician & Video Game Enthusiast
Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2014
Malaysia
YouTube
zackstrikes
We all get there sometimes. The only way to cool down is to just do something else off-screen for a short period of time, and then get back to your main deal as soon as you feel like it.

It's cool that you're trying new things but you need to know what your main focus should be, because getting sidetracked can be detrimental to your channel's health.

By the way, Smooth Memories sounds good.

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
We all get there sometimes. The only way to cool down is to just do something else off-screen for a short period of time, and then get back to your main deal as soon as you feel like it.

It's cool that you're trying new things but you need to know what your main focus should be, because getting sidetracked can be detrimental to your channel's health.

By the way, Smooth Memories sounds good.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked my music :D

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
I've never experienced a burnout, but that could be because at one point last year, due to getting busy with a project, I didn't upload for close to 3 months. It's completely normal to get burnt out. You could try reducing the frequency of your uploads if it's putting too much stress on you.

As for the music, I take my time to get it perfect. I'm trying to release one song per month. The current track I'm working on, I've hit "writer's block" a couple of times. When that happens, I just save the project and quit, and then try another day. Can't rush creativity.

Reactions: Thunderbolt

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
I've never experienced a burnout, but that could be because at one point last year, due to getting busy with a project, I didn't upload for close to 3 months. It's completely normal to get burnt out. You could try reducing the frequency of your uploads if it's putting too much stress on you.

As for the music, I take my time to get it perfect. I'm trying to release one song per month. The current track I'm working on, I've hit "writer's block" a couple of times. When that happens, I just save the project and quit, and then try another day. Can't rush creativity.
Yeah I know the feeling of writers block, I trace back to tracks I started a few months back and I try doing stuff with them again.

Reactions: Demkeys

RizenGaming

Rising User
Feb 11, 2016
YouTube
I think its very easy to get burnt out of YouTube, expectantly when you put a lot of time and effort into YT and don't get the desired views, subs, etc. that you planned. It can be a good idea to change it up during YouTube videos, and that way you won't get as burnt out as easy and your viewers won't expect what will be in the next video leaving them to watch more videos.