You CAN Record More Than 15 Minutes On PS4!

TeeGee

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2016
YouTube
tgshowers
So, I've seen a bunch of comments saying that they use the built-in PS4 Recording system to get video clips.

Most people's complaint is that "It can only record 15 minutes at a time" But this is not true!!

If you go to Settings, then "Sharing and Broadcasts" You will see an option that says "Length of Video Clip"

This can be changed from 15 minutes all the way up to 1 hour! Spread the word!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
So, I've seen a bunch of comments saying that they use the built-in PS4 Recording system to get video clips.

Most people's complaint is that "It can only record 15 minutes at a time" But this is not true!!

If you go to Settings, then "Sharing and Broadcasts" You will see an option that says "Length of Video Clip"

This can be changed from 15 minutes all the way up to 1 hour! Spread the word!

I thought everyone knew that as it has been that way for sometime, I think ever since the 4.00 system update.

Reactions: xXWillGonjaXx

xXWillGonjaXx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
How is this news??? This feature has been available since day one.. Does anybody remember when they said the PS4 is Always recording??? Well guess what it is, whichever time frame you have selected for your "Record Time" You will never once have to hit the share button to force a record session however it's quite the contrary if you want a more precise starting point for your recording.

To save any gameplay simply "Hit the Share Button once"(Standard Setting) or if you "Hold the share button down"(Switched Configuration) And bring up the share menu if you were playing a game when you hit or hold the share button and then click the Square button it will save the last (X) amount of gameplay that was on screen for whatever the duration of your clip setting is set at. I use this feature for all my videos!!! 15 Minutes is the "Default Setting"

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
How is this news??? This feature has been available since day one.. Does anybody remember when they said the PS4 is Always recording??? Well guess what it is, whichever time frame you have selected for your "Record Time" You will never once have to hit the share button to force a record session however it's quite the contrary if you want a more precise starting point for your recording.

To save any gameplay simply "Hit the Share Button once"(Standard Setting) or if you "Hold the share button down"(Switched Configuration) And bring up the share menu if you were playing a game when you hit or hold the share button and then click the Square button it will save the last (X) amount of gameplay that was on screen for whatever the duration of your clip setting is set at. I use this feature for all my videos!!! 15 Minutes is the "Default Setting"
I think they were trying to say that the feature to record up to 60 minutes is new, as you said the default setting is 15 minutes. The option to have up to 60 minutes was released recently in the 4.00 update, if i remember correctly, prior to that the longest you could use the share button for was 15 minutes.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
I think they were trying to say that the feature to record up to 60 minutes is new, as you said the default setting is 15 minutes. The option to have up to 60 minutes was released recently in the 4.00 update, if i remember correctly, prior to that the longest you could use the share button for was 15 minutes.
I can only choose up to 15 minutes, how am I doing this wrong?

I do not know when this was added but it used to be 15 minutes, If you hold down the share button and go to "Sharing and Broadcast Settings" - You can adjust the length to a maximum of 60 minutes.

TeeGee

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2016
YouTube
tgshowers
Yes, thats what I ment, it used to only go up to 15 minutes, and now it can go to 60!