YouTube Yellow Monetisation Symbol

allflattious

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 1, 2017
This is getting beyond a joke.

Every video I schedule on my channel gets the yellow monetisation symbol and then it goes away a few hours after release... (i.e after most of the viewers have viewed the video so I lose most of my revenue)

I don't swear, I don't talk about anything rude, the game I am recording is PEGI 3...

I'm at a loss... What do I do?

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Have you checked the video thumbnail, title, tags, description, etc for anything possibly not advertiser friendly? The bot apparently also goes by those criteria for determining this.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
This is getting beyond a joke.

Every video I schedule on my channel gets the yellow monetisation symbol and then it goes away a few hours after release... (i.e after most of the viewers have viewed the video so I lose most of my revenue)

I don't swear, I don't talk about anything rude, the game I am recording is PEGI 3...

I'm at a loss... What do I do?
With YouTube their new policy and automated system it could detect certain words in the Tags, Title or Description to give it a Yellow icon till proven it is appropriate content for all advertising. Sorry to say but there is nothing you can do against this.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
It seems like loads of creators are having the same issue - as mentioned above this is due to YouTube's algorithm and it can flag the video as unsuitable for all advertiser based off the meta data, such as tags / descriptions / titles etc. Apart from that if you video shows as the yellow monetisation icon you can always appeal this, while this isn't perfect and can take some time to change its better than waiting