Yay! Free Channel Reviews!

Rejand

Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hello everyone my name is Rejand and I'll be doing channel reviews! So all you have to do it leave your channel down below and I'll tell you what I think of it.

Keep in mind this is purely MY opinion, so don't feel bad if I said something bad or whatever! :):):)

You can also check out my latest video if you want to:

See you soon :)

Last edited:

Rejand

Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-j3_6T4rk3DRwk15aQb6g

Why the heck no lemme know what u think bro. haha. I know I'm not thebest but if u watch from the begining till now you will see the gradual improvment haha

Banner
First of all the thing that I've noticed is that your banner and you channel name don't match. It can make people confused when they enter your channel. I'd recommend changing the banner name to your channel name or the other way around.

Profile Picture/Channel Icon
Nothing really wrong here you've got a picture of I'm guessing is yourself with a hat, but It feels really disconnected from the banner, the banner is all minecraft-like so I'd recommend if you're gonna stick with that banner that you change your profile picture to your minecraft character or something.

Channel Trailer
The gameplay in the channel trailer is horribly laggy for some reason, I did like the transitions and I do think you could've done more stuff with it, for example sync up the transitions to the song and stuff.
It feels like it ends a bit too soon as well, I mean the whole thing just cuts off instead of fading away.
Thumbnails
I see on your earlier videos that you actually had custom thumbnails, on the newer ones it just seems like a screenshot from a game. I'd recommend you that you try to make your own thumbnails. It can make more people click on your videos!

Content
I see you've got alot of walking dead going on but there's a huge problem, for me at least, you NEED to add parts or episodes to your videos cause all I see now is The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series - Season 1 on every single walking dead video and that's not good cause I don't know where it starts or where it ends. You need to add them numbers man!

Video quality/Audio quality
I watched your latest walking dead video, so I'm gonna be judging the quality from that video.

Video quality isn't that great its 480p which is not very good, I'd say 720p is the least you can do for a gaming video, I mean there's other people going 4k on their videos you can't just stay at 480p.

Audio quality is okay...ish there was a lot pops and breathing into the microphone, I'm guessing you used a headset microphone for this, if you didn't get a pop filter I mean you can get one for like 4$ and it's gonna help you a lot with your commentaries.

The ending of the video feels cut off as well as your channel trailer, but it doesn't feel as bad as the channel trailer.
You should add an outro picture before the video ends so people can click on your other videos it should look something like this :upload_2015-9-25_23-16-7.png
About section
About section is perfect you have everything you need there, good job!(y) (Y)

Overall
It looks like you've just started and there's a lot to improve on! But the great thing is that you upload very often not many people do that! You're probably gonna need better equipment if you're thinking of doing this seriously. So yeah think that's it I hope I didn't miss anything. Hope you don't feel sad about the bad things I said and finally, I hope you improve, good luck! :):):)

HighVoltageGamer

Freedom! Member
Sep 12, 2015
Great Falls, MT
YouTube
Banner
First of all the thing that I've noticed is that your banner and you channel name don't match. It can make people confused when they enter your channel. I'd recommend changing the banner name to your channel name or the other way around.

Nothing really wrong here you've got a picture of I'm guessing is yourself with a hat, but It feels really disconnected from the banner, the banner is all minecraft-like so I'd recommend if you're gonna stick with that banner that you change your profile picture to your minecraft character or something.

Channel Trailer
The gameplay in the channel trailer is horribly laggy for some reason, I did like the transitions and I do think you could've done more stuff with it, for example sync up the transitions to the song and stuff.
It feels like it ends a bit too soon as well, I mean the whole thing just cuts off instead of fading away.
Thumbnails
I see on your earlier videos that you actually had custom thumbnails, on the newer ones it just seems like a screenshot from a game. I'd recommend you that you try to make your own thumbnails. It can make more people click on your videos!

Content
I see you've got alot of walking dead going on but there's a huge problem, for me at least, you NEED to add parts or episodes to your videos cause all I see now is The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series - Season 1 on every single walking dead video and that's not good cause I don't know where it starts or where it ends. You need to add them numbers man!

I watched your latest walking dead video, so I'm gonna be judging the quality from that video.

Video quality isn't that great its 480p which is not very good, I'd say 720p is the least you can do for a gaming video, I mean there's other people going 4k on their videos you can't just stay at 480p.

Audio quality is okay...ish there was a lot pops and breathing into the microphone, I'm guessing you used a headset microphone for this, if you didn't get a pop filter I mean you can get one for like 4$ and it's gonna help you a lot with your commentaries.

The ending of the video feels cut off as well as your channel trailer, but it doesn't feel as bad as the channel trailer.
You should add an outro picture before the video ends so people can click on your other videos it should look something like this :View attachment 11527
About section
About section is perfect you have everything you need there, good job!(y) (Y)

Overall
It looks like you've just started and there's a lot to improve on! But the great thing is that you upload very often not many people do that! You're probably gonna need better equipment if you're thinking of doing this seriously. So yeah think that's it I hope I didn't miss anything. Hope you don't feel sad about the bad things I said and finally, I hope you improve, good luck! :):):)

Thank you.. A lot of this stuff will be fixed within the next few weeks when all my equipment comes in.. Getting a better computer, An actualy game capture device for my xbox, and a new mic. I just wanted to see if there was anything else you caught. Thank you so much for the critism and I will keep it in mind for my future videos! :)

Reactions: Rejand

Rejand

Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube

Banner
Your banner is great you've got your name on it, your twitter and I'm guessing your google + which is obscured by the channel links keep that in mind the next time you change your banner!

Pretty good, its your logo with you channel initials and it looks pretty nicely done!

Channel Trailer
You currently have "GTA 5 - The Batman (Rockstar Editor)" set as your channel trailer, I wouldn't really call it a channel trailer. Although the video is pretty well done, but it has 2 problems, first one is that the audio gets distorted sometimes, the second one is that I can see a lot of artifacts that might be a problem with YouTube cause you've got a lot of dark scenes in the video or it might be cause the bitrate is too low. Probably YouTubes fault though.

Thumbnails
Thumbnails look pretty good, but I'd like to see some more text on them for example the mad max one just looks like a screen shot from the game, there's nothing else added to it.

Content
I see you've got a lot of GTA 5 going on and recently started some mad max which is pretty cool, I'd personally like to see switching between games for example 1 video of mad max then 1 video of GTA 5, I think that would make more people happy by having to choose which game they wanna watch.

I watched your "GTA 5 TSUNAMI EPIC MOMENTS!! GTA 5 PC Tsunami Mod w/Angry Planes Mod (GTA 5 PC Mods Gameplay)" so I'm gonna be judging video/audio off that. Also that's one long ass title :D there's no need to write GTA 5 PC 3 times in my opinion.

Video quality isn't the greatest it seems like you've upscaled it to 720p, I think you can improve on that. But the video is very nicely put together and edited with decent music.

The audio is pretty good the music is great but there's some distortion happening cause everything is exploding! Try turning down your game audio to make it sound better.

At the end of the video you've got a nice outro picture, but you forgot to add annotations to it! I know sometimes you can feel really lazy to do that but trust me it helps!

About section
Your about section is pretty good, although you should add a schedule to it if you have one, it would help a bit. And you should also separate the sentences in a separate row so it would look and read much more easily.

Overall
It's a pretty good channel, you need to improve you video quality a little bit, I can't tell if its upscaled or low bitrate 720p but you should try to make the real 720p happen and even try 60fps cause it makes everything feel much smoother and better. Just keep up what you're doing, and maybe even add some commentary! :)

Reactions: BBphoniex Gaming

BBphoniex Gaming

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Apr 1, 2015
India
YouTube
BBphoniex
Banner
Your banner is great you've got your name on it, your twitter and I'm guessing your google + which is obscured by the channel links keep that in mind the next time you change your banner!

Pretty good, its your logo with you channel initials and it looks pretty nicely done!

Channel Trailer
You currently have "GTA 5 - The Batman (Rockstar Editor)" set as your channel trailer, I wouldn't really call it a channel trailer. Although the video is pretty well done, but it has 2 problems, first one is that the audio gets distorted sometimes, the second one is that I can see a lot of artifacts that might be a problem with YouTube cause you've got a lot of dark scenes in the video or it might be cause the bitrate is too low. Probably YouTubes fault though.

Thumbnails
Thumbnails look pretty good, but I'd like to see some more text on them for example the mad max one just looks like a screen shot from the game, there's nothing else added to it.

Content
I see you've got a lot of GTA 5 going on and recently started some mad max which is pretty cool, I'd personally like to see switching between games for example 1 video of mad max then 1 video of GTA 5, I think that would make more people happy by having to choose which game they wanna watch.

I watched your "GTA 5 TSUNAMI EPIC MOMENTS!! GTA 5 PC Tsunami Mod w/Angry Planes Mod (GTA 5 PC Mods Gameplay)" so I'm gonna be judging video/audio off that. Also that's one long ass title :D there's no need to write GTA 5 PC 3 times in my opinion.

Video quality isn't the greatest it seems like you've upscaled it to 720p, I think you can improve on that. But the video is very nicely put together and edited with decent music.

The audio is pretty good the music is great but there's some distortion happening cause everything is exploding! Try turning down your game audio to make it sound better.

At the end of the video you've got a nice outro picture, but you forgot to add annotations to it! I know sometimes you can feel really lazy to do that but trust me it helps!

About section
Your about section is pretty good, although you should add a schedule to it if you have one, it would help a bit. And you should also separate the sentences in a separate row so it would look and read much more easily.

Overall
It's a pretty good channel, you need to improve you video quality a little bit, I can't tell if its upscaled or low bitrate 720p but you should try to make the real 720p happen and even try 60fps cause it makes everything feel much smoother and better. Just keep up what you're doing, and maybe even add some commentary! :)
Thanks Appreciate Your Words.

CyberPhython

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
feedback is always good so plz I would love to hear what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/user/riganthor
also I have looked a bit at your channel first of add more sections so ppl see what series are going on or you think are the best of the best. Make more playlists because it makes for new/ old subs easier to find content.
I Like Your Videos I Have Never Watched Your Videos Until Today Your Videos Are Great

Rejand

Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I would really appreciate a review and some feedback, it would really help us out.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBkFVOxEszm8h6uUvUgWZdw

Banner
Love it! It looks amazing! Love the way you included your social links in it!

Looks very well done, the only downside to it that it says "welcome to the home of" with a really small font so its kinda hard to read but that's basically me just nitpicking right now :D

Channel Trailer
Your channel trailer is "Titan Souls Fail & Death Montage | Death Compilation", I personally wouldn't have put that as my channel trailer because its too long and it just seems like a regular old video, I mean its very well done and all, but its not channel trailer material if you know what I mean. Channel trailers need to be like 2 minutes max in my opinion.

Thumbnails
Thumbnails look very nice love the fact that not just the number is changing in them.

Content
You've got a lot of variety on the channel plenty of different stuff which is amazing!
Seems like you're doing about 2 videos a week which is pretty decent upload rate!

I'll be judging the audio/video quality from your "Suicide Pistol Squad | Insurgency Funny Moments"

Video quality is 720p but it kinda seems choppy, it seems like you had quite a few frame drops during the recording. My suggestion is to try to record games that your PC can handle recording and try doing 60fps cause it will be much smoother and easier to watch.

Audio quality is good, but its kinda unbalanced between you and the people you're playing with. I'm guessing that you're the loud one :D so I'd recommend recording you voice separately and turning it down (you can use audacity to record you voice alone)

At the end of the video you've got a outro pic but no annotations, don't forget annotations! :p

And the outro is a bit too long in my opinion its about 30 seconds long, you wanna cut down to like half of it, then it will be just fine!

About section
You've got everything you need here!

Overall
Pretty decent stuff going on here, need to improve the video quality a little bit and everything else is fine. Keep it up!

Rejand

Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
back is always good so plz I would love to hear what you think.
https://www.youtube.com/user/riganthor
also I have looked a bit at your channel first of add more sections so ppl see what series are going on or you think are the best of the best. Make more playlists because it makes for new/ old subs easier to find content.

First of all I'm sorry for the very late review, I had a lot of projects to work on and still not done on most of them. But anyways lets get to your review.

Banner
Looks very cool, you've got 3d text and your twitter below it which is always nice!

Love it!

Channel Trailer
You have the "Elite dangerous episode 1 W/Aaronc63" set as your channel trailer, which I don't really recommend, firstly its 27 minutes long which is too long, you should make like up to a 2 minute channel trailer video, it would be much better

Thumbnails
First thing I noticed was the "Europa Universalis" thumbnails had the number in them but it is really hard to read, its basically blending in with the background I recommend changing the color of the number to something more in contrast to the background. And the numbers of the episodes of elite dangerous are very unnoticeable.

Content
Plenty of content to see, everything from Minecraft to elite dangerous. That's always a plus.(y) (Y)

I'm gonna be judging the video/audio quality of your "Edge of Reality S1 E18: the return of the microphone" video.

It is 1080p which is pretty nice, but the actual resolution of the video is 1920x1018 I don't know why/how did that happen but you wanna have it 1920x1080 but thats just a minor complaint. The second this is the gameplay seems to lag out sometimes, which is a bit annoying. Otherwise the video quality is pretty good you wanna try to switch to 60fps as well if you can handle it.

Audio is really good, the only thing I noticed is that sometimes it sounds louder on one ear the on the other. And I think I heard you bump the microphone a few times during the recording.

You wanna try to have an outro picture and put some annotations on it, cause it will give people something new other to watch and it also looks nice.

About section
Perfect, you've got your schedule here and a little bit about what you do!

Overall
The channel looks pretty good in general(y) (Y), gotta improve on the thumbnails! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: riganthor

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
First of all I'm sorry for the very late review, I had a lot of projects to work on and still not done on most of them. But anyways lets get to your review.

Banner
Looks very cool, you've got 3d text and your twitter below it which is always nice!

Love it!

Channel Trailer
You have the "Elite dangerous episode 1 W/Aaronc63" set as your channel trailer, which I don't really recommend, firstly its 27 minutes long which is too long, you should make like up to a 2 minute channel trailer video, it would be much better

Thumbnails
First thing I noticed was the "Europa Universalis" thumbnails had the number in them but it is really hard to read, its basically blending in with the background I recommend changing the color of the number to something more in contrast to the background. And the numbers of the episodes of elite dangerous are very unnoticeable.

Content
Plenty of content to see, everything from Minecraft to elite dangerous. That's always a plus.(y) (Y)

I'm gonna be judging the audio quality of your "Edge of Reality S1 E18: the return of the microphone" video.

It is 1080p which is pretty nice, but the actual resolution of the video is 1920x1018 I don't know why/how did that happen but you wanna have it 1920x1080 but thats just a minor complaint. The second this is the gameplay seems to lag out sometimes, which is a bit annoying. Otherwise the video quality is pretty good you wanna try to switch to 60fps as well if you can handle it.

Audio is really good, the only thing I noticed is that sometimes it sounds louder on one ear the on the other. And I think I heard you bump the microphone a few times during the recording.

You wanna try to have an outro picture and put some annotations on it, cause it will give people something new other to watch and it also looks nice.

About section
Perfect, you've got your schedule here and a little bit about what you do!

Overall
The channel looks pretty good in general(y) (Y), gotta improve on the thumbnails! ;)
When I play those games I dont get 60 FPS and my pc cant really render 60 fps that well rendering these 30FPS ones takes already over 1 hour so thats impossible for the rest thanks for the feedback and I will see what I can do about it

Rejand

Freedom! Member
Apr 22, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey! I would appreciate some feedback on my channel. Thanks mate :)

Banner
Very simplistic, I like it, there's a lot of blank space, you should put your social links there to make it feel less empty
Looks pretty cool!

Channel Trailer
Nice! I like it a lot!

Thumbnails
They look pretty decent!

Content
I see you've got a soma lets play going right now. I'd recommend that you switch between two lets plays so you can have more different content on your channel. For example, you do one episode of soma and then one episode of another game. Cause there are people who don't like a certain game and wont watch it, so you wanna have some variety.

I'll be judging the audio/video quality of your "Let's Play: Layers of Fear - Part 1 - THE SPOOKS!" video.

The audio seems to be a little bit too quiet, I can barely hear any game sound, and your voice is pretty quiet as well.

The video quality is amazing in 1080p and 60fps!

About section
I'd like to see more in it, maybe put your schedules if you have them.

Overall

The biggest problem of at least the video is saw was the audio, it was really quiet. Otherwise everything else seems pretty good. Keep it up!

Last edited: