Would this build be enough to play games, record, and edit?

Anthony Wolf Gaming

Rising User
Dec 15, 2015
YouTube
it should be enough to edit but you'll need a graphics card to play any of the newer games.... or any at all really.
Here I made a video recently going over everything you need to start a youtube gaming channel.

madmanencore

May 4, 2015
YouTube
Looks good I recently built my mate a gaming pc that would also record and play games etc My specs currently
AMD FX 6 core black edition 3.3ghz
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Motherboard
8 GB Ballistix sport ram
Sound Blaster Z sound card
Geforce 760 GTX Graphics card currently trying find my self something new but this card seems to benchmark higher then some new graphics cards
120GB SSD and couple old SATA HDD
Personally I find AMD is quite good for recording streaming and gaming and its a little bit cheaper then your intel stuff.
Try Ebuyer as well for parts good site.
:D

dandruff

Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
i love that you went with a hybrid drive but unless you have a dedicated GPU, its going to disappoint you in terms of gaming.

Viowolf

Freedom! Member
Jan 13, 2015
YouTube
DO NOT USE THAT POWER SUPPLY, PLEASE!
Your power supply is the most important part of your PC. Ask anyone with experience in building PCs and they'll tell you the same thing. Don't cheap out on the power supply.
Here are a list of some dangers associated with using cheap PSUs:
  • Increased risk of failure
  • It might not be able to power your parts enough or effectively, degrading performance
  • Severe risk of damaging the parts due to voltage spike, shorting out, or other cause
  • Worse case scenario, it could explode and/or catch on fire

As for everything else, all your parts are decent for what you need. However, you gonna need a dedicated graphics card, and which one you will need to buy, will depend on what games and what settings you will play those games at. Also, If you have the budget, I would highly recommend getting an i7 processor. It will tremendously help with recording and editing. Whatever you plan to upgrade, I would also recommend getting a higher wattage PSU from reputable companies like Cooler Master, Corsair, or EVGA. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Envios and dandruff

Gunnar R.

Social Media Designer for dTeSports
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2015
Georgia
This is a pretty bare bones build but as alot of people have said you need a dedicated GPU in order for it to stand any chance with gaming I would suggest getting the i5 4460 amazing CPU that can handle just about anything you throw at it, for you GPU I would suggest a GTX 760 pair it with a H97 Motherboard. As for the PSU I would suggest a EVGA or a Corsair, make sure your case is also compatible with your Motherboard and all of your other parts.

Envios

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 23, 2016
YouTube
DO NOT USE THAT POWER SUPPLY, PLEASE!
Your power supply is the most important part of your PC. Ask anyone with experience in building PCs and they'll tell you the same thing. Don't cheap out on the power supply.
Here are a list of some dangers associated with using cheap PSUs:
  • Increased risk of failure
  • It might not be able to power your parts enough or effectively, degrading performance
  • Severe risk of damaging the parts due to voltage spike, shorting out, or other cause
  • Worse case scenario, it could explode and/or catch on fire

As for everything else, all your parts are decent for what you need. However, you gonna need a dedicated graphics card, and which one you will need to buy, will depend on what games and what settings you will play those games at. Also, If you have the budget, I would highly recommend getting an i7 processor. It will tremendously help with recording and editing. Whatever you plan to upgrade, I would also recommend getting a higher wattage PSU from reputable companies like Cooler Master, Corsair, or EVGA. Hope this helps :)
This guy knows what he is talking about, great advice!

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
You are off to a good start but if you want to play games you are gonna need some sorta graphics card. Also, look for a better power supply. Look at it like this... Your CPU is about $200, and you selected a $12 power supply, that's 6% the cost of your CPU. Your CPU and, eventually, your GPU are probably going to be the most expensive parts of your system. So you should invest in a power supply that's a bit higher in quality.../For example/ instead of the 6% you are currently investing in your power supply, lets increase it to 20%. At 20% of $200, that's $40, i'm pretty sure you can get a Corsair HX series power supply for that kind of money. Likewise, let's say you bought a $200 GPU + your $200 CPU = $400 and 20% of $400 is $80...which is a reasonable price for a 750 watt Corsair Power supply.
Hope this helps and good luck!