WORKING TOGETHER

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
Hey there Freedom! Forum. I have a thought of what should be good. I am a small channel busting my butt working a full time job and making videos. I would like to see something that doesn't happen, the bigger channels 1000-2000 sub range reach out and work with those who are smaller channels. You go to the collaborate section and most of then are requiring you to have 1000 subs to even mention you. The spirit of Freedom is to help each other grow as a family, and yet you don't see it much. Granted I love being partnered with Freedom but we all got to work together. You know what it was like trying to grow your channel. I have a little over 300 subs a channel that is overlooked and I still try and help others and I know there are others who do the same.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
This is YouTube, the game of gain. As much as you want to collaborate with a larger channel to get your name known, they also want to collaborate with channels larger than them. You cannot yet fathom what it is actually like to be at [example] 10,000 subscribers, but they are there, and they can't fathom what it is like to be at 100,000 subscribers. So they're constantly trying to find YouTubers bigger then themselves to help themselves get to that next standard, but it is a cycle that goes upwards and results in few people actually getting collaborations.

Reactions: LtGeneralStore

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I don't think that a collab with bigger channels is needed in order to grow. I find enough motivation in their tips and tricks they shared with the community or how they got this far.
It is more then usual that someone wants to collab with a channel of their own size. I once did a collab with someone who had below 50 subs because it was fun to play with him but the gain for him was not too much. Yes i mentioned his channel in the description and make a annotation to his channel but from there it is still personal taste of a viewer if they want to subscribe to that person.

nailsunleashed

Rising User
Jul 13, 2016
YouTube
A lot of the larger YouTubers probably feel that the smaller channels should have to work hard, like the did and prove themselves before they would even consider doing a collaboration with them.

TwiTwithBLUE

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 31, 2016
YouTube
I think the best idea it's to be original,put effort in your videos,edit your videos in a professional way,use attractive thumbnails and people will start subscribing,set goals for your channel,don't wait for someone to promote you,promote yourself by being original !

Last edited:

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
you must not look for people to collab who are bigger than you. but with the same size as you. and how long are you even here in the freedom family?

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
I think my point had been missed, I'm not dating the really big channels like 5000 sub and up. I also guess I am the only only one that feels if I get to the 1000 sub millstone that I would help small channels and continue helping those who deserve it, by no means am I saying I deserve it but there are good channels struggling because everyone is selfish. I have been partnered with Freedom for over a year. Yet even now I help channels just starting out. Guess is a flaw of mine to help others

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
If you reach 1000 subs,you really want to louse them by sending them to other channels ?

That is not a good way to think of collaborations.

First of all people are more than willing to subscribe to the collaboration partner and still watch your content.

Second of all if you did lose some of your long time subscribers for some odd reason (Even though it's highly unlikely) then the same thing will happen to your collaboration partner.

Reactions: Dysfunctional Gamer

Dysfunctional Gamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
SkylerErnest
That is not a good way to think of collaborations.

First of all people are more than willing to subscribe to the collaboration partner and still watch your content.

Second of all if you did lose some of your long time subscribers for some odd reason (Even though it's highly unlikely) then the same thing will happen to your collaboration partner.
Someone hit my point dead on finally

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

Corey Dubay

Rising User
Aug 4, 2016
Boston
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey there Freedom! Forum. I have a thought of what should be good. I am a small channel busting my butt working a full time job and making videos. I would like to see something that doesn't happen, the bigger channels 1000-2000 sub range reach out and work with those who are smaller channels. You go to the collaborate section and most of then are requiring you to have 1000 subs to even mention you. The spirit of Freedom is to help each other grow as a family, and yet you don't see it much. Granted I love being partnered with Freedom but we all got to work together. You know what it was like trying to grow your channel. I have a little over 300 subs a channel that is overlooked and I still try and help others and I know there are others who do the same.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Good idea and i know what your saying, i also work crazy hours with a full time job and also work hard at making my youtube channel succeed. Its very difficult to get support as a smaller channel, unfortuantely theres no changing that but good idea.

DieHard

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 5, 2016
Holland, MI
YouTube
theonedh
I think that when collaborating both parties need to understand that results aren't a given.
I've had channels ranged from my current 7 Subscribers, all the way up to what was my largest channel at 3,000 Subscribers, for me personally, I like extending a helping hand, but I prefer it to be an "ongoing relationship" not a one-and-done scenario.

What I would typically do is if someone approached me about working together to help them grow, I would ask a series of questions to them to see how much they wanted to "grow" what was there plan after they grew, etc.

From my experiences, once there growth has been achieved it can go one of two ways... They either continue growing or they take the help from "you" and then don't apply what they have learned.

I'm not saying either approach is "wrong" but I like to see/hear about others successes, and I like to build friendships.
My last collaboration was when I was apart of the Fullscreen Network, was invited onto a Weekly Podcast for an extended period as the other 3 channels grew.
All was well until each channel got to about 1,000 Subscribers, then I was unfortunately let go from the podcast. Was I used? Maybe. Am I mad about it? Not really.

As I said before, when helping a "smaller" channel as a larger channel, you have to take into consideration that some folks just want to gain a higher sub count and aren't looking for friendship or working together in the future, it's just the nature of the beast.

I personally look forward to growing myself, and helping others grow as I go on, so for what it's worth, I'm always willing to work with like-minded people and build business relations with others!

TL;DR

It's not bad to collaborate, just be careful of who you do it with!

-DieHard

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

ekloo

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 16, 2016
YouTube
I think my point had been missed, I'm not dating the really big channels like 5000 sub and up. I also guess I am the only only one that feels if I get to the 1000 sub millstone that I would help small channels and continue helping those who deserve it, by no means am I saying I deserve it but there are good channels struggling because everyone is selfish. I have been partnered with Freedom for over a year. Yet even now I help channels just starting out. Guess is a flaw of mine to help others

I'm also helping channels here. And channel who are underrated while they did a lot of work: Those are the ones I give a shout out. That's how I do it with that. And I'm not in freedom for that long. But I'm busy with youtube for more than 5 years. (The older video's are deleted and the ones of 3 years ago are on private)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed