Will my pc record recent games 1080p 60fps?

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
I have been brainstorming parts on pcpartpicker, and i think this could by my new gaming/recording pc

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MF9nzy

my problem is that i have absolutely no knowledge in pc parts
I would greatly appreciate feedback and which parts to replace with what, ect.

thanks

EDIT: I will be recording games like minecraft, Cs:go, (mabye) BO3, and some 2d games.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
I have been brainstorming parts on pcpartpicker, and i think this could by my new gaming/recording pc

thanks

EDIT: I will be recording games like minecraft, Cs:go, (mabye) BO3, and some 2d games.
Hey dude, yeah that's a pretty decent build. Mine is very similar. You definitely will be able to max out most current games and get 60+fps, especially with that processor and video card. You're cutting it a bit close though for the power supply. You'll only have 50W extra, and though it'l probably be fine, a general rule is to get something at least 100W more than what you need so it doesn't need to work as hard, meaning a quieter and longer lasting PSU. I'd go with a 700 or 750W PSU. Fully modular is always nice too (your current one is)

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Hey dude, yeah that's a pretty decent build. Mine is very similar. You definitely will be able to max out most current games and get 60+fps, especially with that processor and video card. You're cutting it a bit close though for the power supply. You'll only have 50W extra, and though it'l probably be fine, a general rule is to get something at least 100W more than what you need so it doesn't need to work as hard, meaning a quieter and longer lasting PSU. I'd go with a 700 or 750W PSU. Fully modular is always nice too (your current one is)

I updated it, giving it more ram, more fans, and a better power supply, and removed the monitor since i'm probably getting it for christmas. Do you think by now it is buy and build ready? I will probably have it made by next summer if yes

ZacsCustom

Technologist, Future Gamer! ~ Zac's Custom
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom

thanks

In all honesty your current build is overkill on the GPU, but If that's what your going for, then 4K Recording and Editing should be no issue at all, the only draw back you'd have is the CPU being a bit outdated, but it will suffice if you don't mind waiting a bit longer on it than it's intel counter parts.

Also, I'd recommend upgrading the CPU heatsink to a AIO Liquid Cooling product, typically 360MM Radiator or a 280MM Radiator from CoolerMaster

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
In all honesty your current build is overkill on the GPU, but If that's what your going for, then 4K Recording and Editing should be no issue at all, the only draw back you'd have is the CPU being a bit outdated, but it will suffice if you don't mind waiting a bit longer on it than it's intel counter parts.

Also, I'd recommend upgrading the CPU heatsink to a AIO Liquid Cooling product, typically 360MM Radiator or a 280MM Radiator from CoolerMaster

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom
What would be a good CPU? I would've thought my amd was recent due to almost 5ghz and 8 cores
it definately looks like a steal for $225.

Also, I personally don't like the labor invested in liquid cooling, and have no plans to overclock.
Will i fry any parts with my current cpu cooler? Do i need liquid cooling to not melt my pc during "normal usage"?

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
What would be a good CPU? I would've thought my amd was recent due to almost 5ghz and 8 cores
it definately looks like a steal for $225.

Also, I personally don't like the labor invested in liquid cooling, and have no plans to overclock.
Will i fry any parts with my current cpu cooler? Do i need liquid cooling to not melt my pc during "normal usage"?
Honestly your current cpu heatsink will not fry anything during normal usage, it's just when it's underload that you may get temperatures around 50c(idle) or 85c(load) If you were to say use a AIO Liquid cooling unit, you could see temperatures around 35c(idle) and 50c(load) for standard temperatures.

If you plan to have a beast computer you could stick as you are right now, the only difference between your current cpu and a I7 is the fact that AMD hasn't rolled out a new CPU in about 2-3 years that was actually a big improvement over the last generation.

The current I7's beat AMD's top end 9590 by about 25% maybe a little more, but that is changing with DX12 and Vulkan driver support being rolled out, and optimized through Window's 10 updates and such.

But to sum it all up for you, I'd be very careful with your current CPU the 9590 generates a huge amount of heat due to it's high clock, but with your current Noctua CPU cooling, since Noctua is a great brand, you shouldn't have any issues with it at all.

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Here, try this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n2ZHcf

It's slightly more expensive (~$40), but has noticable upgrades over your picks.

CPU is Intel, more efficient, better overclocks.
Cooler is liquid - All in one, no hassle, plug and play. This results in better overclocks to get a better bang for your buck
RAM is 2400MHz. Price difference is minimal.
PSU is 750W, and still 80+ Gold.
SDD & HDD cost about the same. I trust Samsung more, honestly.
The GPU is also AIO watercooled, resulting in a quiet system that performs like a BEAST!

Most of it is an upgrade. The case I know personally also supports the liquid cooler, and for a 4790K, even if you're not overclocking it's necessary.

ZacsCustom

Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
YouTube
ZacsCustom
I've done a little digging around on PcPartPicker, and here's a latest generation build from a I7 6700k when you compare this build I made to yours, the only difference is around $200, for Next Generation Hardware, along with a 25-35% increase in performance in all tasks.

Link

Also if you plan to have a safe and reliable boot drive(with all your programs) I'd recommend Samsung they offer a 5 year warranty on their SSD's, along with a 10 year if you go from the EVO to PRO.

I chose to use WD Drives in my build mainly for the price and reliablility with storage. But in all reality you only need 128GB of Boot Storage for Programs, and a seperate Hard drive(Internal) for storage of Pictures, Movies, Saved Data, Backup's, Games Ect. I'd always keep those seperate from my boot drive(slows it down)

Best of luck!

~Zac's Custom

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Here, try this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n2ZHcf

It's slightly more expensive (~$40), but has noticable upgrades over your picks.

CPU is Intel, more efficient, better overclocks.
Cooler is liquid - All in one, no hassle, plug and play. This results in better overclocks to get a better bang for your buck
RAM is 2400MHz. Price difference is minimal.
PSU is 750W, and still 80+ Gold.
SDD & HDD cost about the same. I trust Samsung more, honestly.
The GPU is also AIO watercooled, resulting in a quiet system that performs like a BEAST!

Most of it is an upgrade. The case I know personally also supports the liquid cooler, and for a 4790K, even if you're not overclocking it's necessary.
How is the Intel Xeon E5-1620 V2? 4.7ghz and 4 cores for only about $40 more
^^^ Nevermind I read that wrong :p

I don't like the labor and overall expenses on liquid coolers, and I don't have plans to overclock anytime soon.

I just want something better than the intel intergrated graphics i have right now lol

SoundEffects

Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2015
YouTube
Holy god. I had no idea AMD made an 4.7 GHZ 8 Core already. Still got my 3.5 FX 8320 xD. It's beyond my computer and yes it will get you 60 FPS. Wish I could have the money to make that but nahhhh life hasn't given me some damn lemons yet!!!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
How is the Intel Xeon E5-1620 V2? 4.7ghz and 4 cores for only about $40 more
^^^ Nevermind I read that wrong :p

I don't like the labor and overall expenses on liquid coolers, and I don't have plans to overclock anytime soon.

I just want something better than the intel intergrated graphics i have right now lol
Honestly, I was intimidated by the thought of liquid cooling when I bought by H100i, but it was very simple. As simple as inserting the backplate, screwing in some screws to secure the connection to the CPU, and mounting the radiator. Zero chance of leak or anything.