Will i get a copyright strike if i do this?

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Im thinking about making a voice over edit for the new batman vs superman clip that just came out. My only concerns would be getting a copyright strike. Good idea or bad?

RHINOZ

New User
Jan 13, 2016
well i guess link the video in the description i havent seen anyone get copyright strike of that video and say you dont own anything of the video

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
well i guess link the video in the description i havent seen anyone get copyright strike of that video and say you dont own anything of the video
This is not very good advice...
It doesn't protect you at all from a copyright strike...

If this clip is from an official movie... like owned by universal studios or whatever... I would assume it's copyrighted...

I would protect your youtube channel... and post that video on your Facebook fan page or something

Reactions: MMLY

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Thank you all for your answers! I really want to make this video but just scared that i will get a copyright strike. Just outta curiosity if i get a copyright strike how will affect my partnership with freedom?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If you get a strike, I'm pretty sure your monetization rights will be removed.
I'm not entirely certain but if you get one you may also be removed from the network (@Nerd can clarify if that is right) since the requirement to be here is a lack of copyright strikes.

Two restricts your upload ability, three and you're out.

Reactions: MMLY

MMLY

Respected User
Nov 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If you get a strike, I'm pretty sure your monetization rights will be removed.
I'm not entirely certain but if you get one you may also be removed from the network (@Nerd can clarify if that is right) since the requirement to be here is a lack of copyright strikes.

Two restricts your upload ability, three and you're out.
Yea thats a shame was hoping to make a voice over edit but dont want to get a copyright strike.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm not quite sure to be honest with you. I'd say no because I think you would get a strike but if you want to do it, just un-monetize it. You can still grow your channel but just not get any YT money from that video, I think if you have sponsors you can still earn from it.
The Freedom! CMS automatically monetizes videos even if the user doesn't want them to be. It's in the contract nobody read.