Offering Will definitely review budding channels!

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
There are a lot of things I like about your channel! You have lots of information about yourself on your page, which I think is important. There are a couple things that I think could be worked on though:

Your logo and channel banner are pretty much identical. I think that a channel banner should really exemplify what sort of content your channel has to offer. Make it pertinent to your content, not your gimmick...does that make sense? It might not.

I also think you should vary up your thumbnails a little bit. In a series, every video in that series has the same thumbnail (Looking at the Underworld in particular.) Varying up the thumbnails a bit would help catch the attention of by-the-by viewers and make them want to click on your videos.

Finally, I think that when you use your facecam, the picture itself should be up closer on your face so that the viewers can see every little reaction to the game that you have. Right now the camera seems really far away from you, so it's hard to see your face! Seeing your face is what's going to help connect your viewers to you, so that's pivotal.

Overall I'd give it a 6/10, not that I'm one to judge. There are things you could work on (don't we all have things to work on...), but overall you have a pretty good start!

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
Would love a review please
The first thing people will do when deciding about whether to follow a channel or not is simply your channel trailer. That was the first thing I watched. If I'm being honest, it didn't really stick out to me. Your trailer doesn't have much "appeal" factor. Just showing a few different clips of games that you've played doesn't necessarily show the community that you really want them to subscribe. You've got to have a trailer that really makes you seem AWESOME!

Your channel art is good enough, I didn't notice it, I had to go back and look at it specifically, which means that it meshed well with the channel.

Your thumbnails almost all have the same style. They all mesh together, and no one particular video sticks out that says "WATCH ME!" Your thumbnails would really be enhanced with different colors and action. That's okay, though, graphics are something that can be improved with time, you shouldn't focus on your thumbnails primarily as of right now.

I looked at one video- your Overwatch Highlights- so that's really all the basis that I have for your video content. Without a face cam, the only thing people have to connect with you is your voice. Your voice didn't have all that much variety, and sometimes it wasn't easy to pay attention. When people do voices for animated cartoons or movies, they put their ENTIRE personalities into the voices. To really stand out, you should try that too, you might see a really big difference.

My favorite thing about your channel is how high quality your videos themselves are. 1080p is nothing to sneeze at, so that makes it really really easy to look at! Keep doing what you're doing, the high quality will attract subs.

Overall, I give it a 4.5 out of 10. This absolutely DOES NOT mean that your channel sucks. It just means that there is a bunch of room to improve to make your channel really great. Don't get distraught, your channel has high potential!

SirPlasmalot

Freedom! Member
Mar 5, 2015
Texas
YouTube
SirPlasmalot
Here Comes A New Challenger!!

You guys have some serious potential. That's the first thing I'll say.

One of the only problems I have is that you have absolutely NOTHING on your "About" tab. That should change! You want people to know what your channel is all about!

Your graphics are fine, and your thumbnails are fine. (Maybe have a little bit more in your thumbnails, that's all.)

Your audio is a little iffy, but that's just technological. That can be fixed with cash.

Overall it's very good for a small-ish channel. Keep doing what you're doing!

Reactions: BluEdge Chekpoint