Forums Wiki Improvements

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
We will probably have to use the one we currently have, I can add some permissions if you want to have a go at editing that. I still don't fully understand how the structure works on the wiki we are running.

Lol neither do I, its a tad confusing and sometimes when saving the page on my browser crashes (but its still saves the changes). I think I just about have it figured out now though. However I can't edit the "area" I think they are called, cause what I'd do is similar to this: Wiki Category: The Forums, where you click the button "Forums" on the wiki page and it would just take you to the wiki category on that topic. From there people can contribute below with entries on their own. Its still a pretty messy wiki addon in my opinion and makes organising it a pain.

Though personally this is a pretty bad addon to work with and many who have reviewed it have said that's it has some bugs & the frontend isn't great, I'd agree, I'd still recommend getting the XenCarta one as its a lot easier to organise and looks a lot cleaner, though it does have the disadvantage of little backend editing it is a lot easier to manage, Just for an example I've made the same pages on here and on my forum so you the differences can be compared:

Freedom Forum (VaultWiki Addon)

Wiki

My Forum (XenCarta Addon)

Wiki Index | Dev_J's Forum

I'd push this towards whoever is in charge of the Wiki section and show them how much better it looks (I can see why you'd want vaultwiki (the languages) but that can also be done in xencarta by having people translate it, I'm sure people in the community would be willing to do it, Then I'd just setup the flags on the index page and they would be sent to the same page sections and layout but in their language).​

Last edited: