Why would you subscribe to a YouTube channel?

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
Why would you subscribe to a YouTube channel? I know the obvious answers - I like the content.
I want something more realistic. How many videos do you watch before your subscribe, ect.
For someone - like me - who spends a lot of time making guides and doing heavily edited reviews, I'm curious to know what makes people click the lovely red button.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I click the subscribe button on channels that I know for fact I'll return to again. If I happen to find a good channel, I do factor in size as a community already established would be more fulfilling to take part in than a smaller channel with one or two guys that maybe comment once in a while.

Insanity Promotions

Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I click the subscribe button on channels that I know for fact I'll return to again. If I happen to find a good channel, I do factor in size as a community already established would be more fulfilling to take part in than a smaller channel with one or two guys that maybe comment once in a while.
He said everything i could say,just one more thing,i need to watch only one video to decide if i will sub,if i like it,i will sub,cuz i will see more videos from the youtuber that i will like,if i don't like it,i will go to see more videos in his channel to decide do i enjoy them

Reactions: SuperMilkbox

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
That's pretty much the way I think guys. I do worry about much smaller channels than mine - say 100 susb - I know they are difficult to grow. Ever since I passed 300 subs, I've been growing a lot quicker - and quicker still at 400. I believe it's all down to the number of subs. I have 500. That's good. But I think people would be more inclined to sub if I had a 1000, and so on, at least this is the way I see it.

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
That's pretty much the way I think guys. I do worry about much smaller channels than mine - say 100 susb - I know they are difficult to grow. Ever since I passed 300 subs, I've been growing a lot quicker - and quicker still at 400. I believe it's all down to the number of subs. I have 500. That's good. But I think people would be more inclined to sub if I had a 1000, and so on, at least this is the way I see it.
Yea, people do tend to gravitate to others, especially those who might be on the fence.

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
Before I subscribe to someone, I usually watch a couple of videos first, if they're useful and to the point I will subscribe :) If I feel like the youtuber is similar to eg who they are and if we have the same thoughts then I will subscribe
I wont subscribe to people with 20 second intros because they're just annoying XD also if people take ages to finish a sentence .-. that may sound stupid but it does really irritate me and sometimes I do it myself so XD

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
Before I subscribe to someone, I usually watch a couple of videos first, if they're useful and to the point I will subscribe :) If I feel like the youtuber is similar to eg who they are and if we have the same thoughts then I will subscribe
I wont subscribe to people with 20 second intros because they're just annoying XD also if people take ages to finish a sentence .-. that may sound stupid but it does really irritate me and sometimes I do it myself so XD
Pretty much the same here. XD

Reactions: Lauren Smith
I tend to subscribe as soon as I like a video from that person and I like it.
Like, I don't just go and jump to his channel. I sub, and later on I watch his content to see if I should stay on it.
What makes me STAY subbed to a channel, is... personality. Either the Creator's personality, or, a Channel personality. Sometimes its the way he speaks, or how smart and helpful the creator can be. Or sometimes, the channel itself has a straight personality I'll be looking forward to follow... I like to get into youtube and decide "I want to watch a Let's Play", then I go to GaLm. "I want to watch fun/short videos", I go to pinguinz0.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
I tend to subscribe as soon as I like a video from that person and I like it.
Like, I don't just go and jump to his channel. I sub, and later on I watch his content to see if I should stay on it.
What makes me STAY subbed to a channel, is... personality. Either the Creator's personality, or, a Channel personality. Sometimes its the way he speaks, or how smart and helpful the creator can be. Or sometimes, the channel itself has a straight personality I'll be looking forward to follow... I like to get into youtube and decide "I want to watch a Let's Play", then I go to GaLm. "I want to watch fun/short videos", I go to pinguinz0.
Critikal is amazing.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
I know, right?
He's a perfect example for the "personality" I mean. Not only his channel but he himself has something that makes him unique. That makes me want to watch more.
He deserves so many subs. He used to give his money to charity, he's so considerate.

Sharrazar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 12, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube
sharrazar
we'll actually i operate differently now, i used to subscribe to loads of channels and i still am but i have switched my ways. if i think i can be good friends with some people we chat on each others channels asking hows each others days etc. and one of them for example is wanting to get a ps4 so we can do videos together.

I love having a bond with people before we do something right away because it makes things for certain that they are genuine.