Why new and normal Gaming Youtubers Fail, Tips

Panic Puppet Gaming

Freedom! Member
Jan 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE! ENGLAND!
twitter.com
YouTube
Originality and uniqueness! - far too many playthrough's with a boat-load of swearing and rubbish, if you wanna be noticed, cut the bull make something that nobody has ever seen before, that's what im now beginning to learn for myself, look at channels like GradeAUnderA - started less than a year ago and doing awesome now (and the channel is also awesome!) but WHY? - because it was unique, easy watching as well, straight to the point, i guess it's a learning curve as i mentioned - this is just something i'm starting to get to grips with.

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
so some of my friends got inspired by me and my friend doing youtube and really being committed to it and working ourselves to exhaustion to put out videos, so alot of my friends failed miserably and got alot of dislikes and 0 views, i did help em out though so its all cool, these are all the mistakes many new channels are making

-Recording with a phone
if you do this please stop and do yourself a favour, doing this really ruins the video and will get you no where
-potato quality
please be careful when recording and what settings you use to render it, please don't upload videos too hard to see
-bad mics
alot of people start commentating with their pocket headphones that have really bad mics, if you have one of those stop commentary until you get a better mic

The mistakes normal youtubers make

-No Thumbnails
Adding no thumbnails makes it look uninteresting and with a thumbnail anyone would be more likely to watch the video
-bad titles
adding bad titles will make everyone not to watch the video, make interesting titles that would catch someones attention, adding misleading titles will make everyone hate your channel for showing them something they didn't want to see in the first place.
-No Profile Logo and cover art
no logo or cover art will make your channel look like an amateur even if you post good daily videos so please either have someone make on for you or make yourself one using the free gimp 2.0 and watching youtube tutorials!
-adding copyright music
if you start adding a lot of copyright music your channel in the end will get suspended or on worst cases banned.
-no description
no description is really bad, you should add some information such as what t the video is about, who helped you make it, links and your information as well!

doing all of these and keepng consistent with your videos is the key to being a successful youtuber, i hope this helps! think i missed out something? do comment your own thoughts and tips! check out my channel https://www.youtube.com/user/BloodRangerGaming subbing to everyone below!
Great tips! Quality is definitely better than quantity. Better to record and render in 1080p at the minimum with a good, high quality microphone for commentary. Having good quality with effective titles and branding makes any channel stand out in a crowd.

Reactions: BloodRangerGaming

BloodRangerGaming

Rising User
Apr 30, 2016
YouTube
Originality and uniqueness! - far too many playthrough's with a boat-load of swearing and rubbish, if you wanna be noticed, cut the bull make something that nobody has ever seen before, that's what im now beginning to learn for myself, look at channels like GradeAUnderA - started less than a year ago and doing awesome now (and the channel is also awesome!) but WHY? - because it was unique, easy watching as well, straight to the point, i guess it's a learning curve as i mentioned - this is just something i'm starting to get to grips with.
Great tips! Quality is definitely better than quantity. Better to record and render in 1080p at the minimum with a good, high quality microphone for commentary. Having good quality with effective titles and branding makes any channel stand out in a crowd.
These are some great tips! I learned a lot since starting youtube, and I think I can say I don't make these mistakes anymore, but I certainly made a few of them when I first started out!
thanks people! subbed to all of you and i hope you all get to your goals at youtube pretty soon, good luck!

Reactions: ThatNerdWithTheHair

HelSummonz

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 5, 2016
YouTube
As someone who spends days watching Lets Plays / First Looks / Reviews etc i can totally agree with the statements.
That is also why i bought a blue snowball prior to recording my first video. I'd rather do it right (without going overboard with money).
Currently working on adding thumbnails to all my videos. It's a decent backlog to work through, but anything for a clean channel ;)

Reactions: BloodRangerGaming