Why do we do Youtube?

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
Why do we do youtube?

So i was watching a tutorial youtube video the other day. And the host ask to the viewers that why did they do youtube. So i was shocked " I know what i do, I knew it from the beginning I just want to make some cool gaming videos" but at that moment he started to talk about not what we do but why we do it. What does makes us special that we want to send a message to our audience. Why are we special. And I wanted to knew why do i do it. Why do i do what i do ? And i just looked into my roots. I have been in different countries and lived in different ones. Saw different cultures and experienced those. And wanted to have a channel about that. Yeah it might be early since i only opened it up 2 weeks ago but that is my main goal. I want a community that is about multiple races, countries, people get to gather and enjoy laugh and discuss together. That is my channel, that is our channel of Multicultularity. So what is that. It is a channel but not only a channel, It is a community. It is a community of the people. People of all around the world. The channel of people of multiple cultures. Where you can come, enjoy and connect with people from all around the world. My content might be a silly guy screaming, laughing to the screen but the bigger picture is my audience. I hope I had told you why " I" do it. So why do you do it. This a forum about gaming so why are you different why do you want to put your voice out there. Why?
I think it is a good thing to thing about? So you can find your niche in the word. But this question also apply to anything really. So ask yourself Why?

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Why do we do youtube?

So i was watching a tutorial youtube video the other day. And the host ask to the viewers that why did they do youtube. So i was shocked " I know what i do, I knew it from the beginning I just want to make some cool gaming videos" but at that moment he started to talk about not what we do but why we do it. What does makes us special that we want to send a message to our audience. Why are we special. And I wanted to knew why do i do it. Why do i do what i do ? And i just looked into my roots. I have been in different countries and lived in different ones. Saw different cultures and experienced those. And wanted to have a channel about that. Yeah it might be early since i only opened it up 2 weeks ago but that is my main goal. I want a community that is about multiple races, countries, people get to gather and enjoy laugh and discuss together. That is my channel, that is our channel of Multicultularity. So what is that. It is a channel but not only a channel, It is a community. It is a community of the people. People of all around the world. The channel of people of multiple cultures. Where you can come, enjoy and connect with people from all around the world. My content might be a silly guy screaming, laughing to the screen but the bigger picture is my audience. I hope I had told you why " I" do it. So why do you do it. This a forum about gaming so why are you different why do you want to put your voice out there. Why?
I think it is a good thing to thing about? So you can find your niche in the word. But this question also apply to anything really. So ask yourself Why?
Mainly to pass the time, and to grow as a person. I'd love to build a community of people to work alongside, but that can only happen when I become successful in a way.

FatalAti

Rising User
Mar 17, 2016
Germany
YouTube
FatalAti
Y you need to grow as a person before people will join you but it is shouldnt be the deal breaker to tell why are you doing it. I dont have subs but i wanted to tell why i do it :D

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Y you need to grow as a person before people will join you but it is shouldnt be the deal breaker to tell why are you doing it. I dont have subs but i wanted to tell why i do it :D
Growing as a person is important, since it's bothersome to have followers when there's other issues at hand. I like to finish everything behind the scenes before getting myself out there more. I still feel that a lot of people go into youtube prematurely, and having themselves together works best. Since having a bad microphone, bad internet, limited time can really lower the experience. It's my personal preference though, I enjoy having control over my own growth rate to a degree, heh.

YukdefGaming

I try to be funny.
Freedom! Member
Dec 11, 2014
YouTube
I do YouTube because I find making videos fun and it helps me learn with video production and other stuff such as 3D rendering, as fattmat said, having a bad mic, bad internet and limited time it becomes kinda hard to make videos some times, I do try to bring high quality videos to my channel but yeah, limited time makes it hard. It's a hobby. (Maybe an addiction.. I don't know)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I started out with just sharing my gameplay as i like to see how others play and such. From that moment i started out on Twitch with Final Fantasy XIV where a viewer told me to post it to youtube. From that time i started uploading. With time i started expanding with doing other games and now 2 years later i'm trying my best with montages, make game characters from perler beads and improving along the way.
But as i noticed most of my interaction is trough comments and the chat during live streams i thought it is time to add more personality and am aiming to start doing commentary soon. With this i hope to have more interaction with my audience while gaming :)

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
It all started over 3 years ago when I did videos for my friends and girlfriend. Long story short, I don't have my girlfriend nor my old friends anymore, but I did make a promise to complete a certain game/adventure one day for my girlfriend. Since then, I did games, which I usually call them adventures, to entertain people, to make new friends that I can talk with, to expand my horizons, to learn new things and possibly achieve something throughout this. The more adventures I complete, the more complete I become myself and happier.

OwnOrKo

Freedom! Member
Jan 10, 2016
UK
YouTube
OwnOrKo
when i first started a few years ago I always thought it'll be easy as pie to make money with and just work from home.. but since growing up and coming back to youtube I enjoy creating videos for youtube to connect with other gamers who play the same game, help them with guides etc and generally speak to anyone! whoever wants to listen to me ramble on.

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
For me, making videos is so fun, because I stick to what I have a passion to do. I do it simply for fun, and of course to make my videos as best as they can so that everybody can enjoy, which leads in to the next part. I love to entertain people, and making videos and just knowing that people watch is awesome.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Because I want to, to be honest. I gained a lot of other skills along the way, too, just over time or by accident, so it was a good thing to actually start on it. I also really enjoy meeting people, and I feel like networking through YouTube has been a really good thing for me.

Well, my brother and I have always played video games every now and then and we have our favorites. He actually plays COD every night, so we're already gaming a lot. Why not makes videos for it?

As I journalist, I work with video a lot and I've made some really good feature stories on video for the news group. Having multiple YouTube channels will help me get comfortable being in front of a camera (I'm usually behind it and editing) and it will allow me to do things I wouldn't otherwise do. The gaming videos are honestly because we want to get views and have fun, but having the other channels with vlogs and music is because we are very passionate about hiking and collecting vinyl and discovering good music.

So, the gaming channel may not be as expressive as the others will hopefully be, but ultimately it will all help me learn to edit things better and get a feel for being in front of the camera. I'm not very social outside of my work and friend group, so this will hep me open up.

ThisIsIsaac

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
Personally I do youtube because I watched youtube andI thought I would give it a shot. Now I make videos because it is very fun and I love the community.